Our story. Our mission.

With every journey, there’s a beginning…

Mine happened to begin on a playground in Studio City, California. As a first-time mom, I joined a playgroup and loved having the support of other women who had just embarked on the journey of being a mom. We bonded close together and formed a special community that provided love and support for us all. It truly changed my life and made me realize how powerful and enjoyable life can be when shared with others.

Over the years, we found new opportunities for our families and many of us moved away from Los Angeles.

I had my second child, a wildflower little girl, and my days got shorter and more chaotic, and our family meals got quicker and less healthy. It got to a place where I felt like all the energy had been sucked out of my body, yet I still had to get up, get dressed, take care of the kids and survive the long day. Even worse, I didn’t have that community to rely on any more.

I was purely surviving… and all I dreamed of was thriving.

I needed a lot more energy than my exhausted body seemed capable of giving me. And I began to look into nutrition and realized I was experiencing the effects of the Standard American Diet (SAD). My unhealthy eating habits had finally caught up to me and I felt trapped in an unhappy and unhealthy body.

Then I discovered green smoothies thanks to a friend, Jadah Sellner (from that same playgroup from years back. #fate). I loved how simple that first green smoothie was to make, how it tasted… and I was instantly hooked. It was seriously love at first sip!

I went from being exhausted and feeling defeated—to being energized and empowered. It blew my mind that one simple healthy habit could make such an impact in my life.

Transformation from the inside out

The more I drank green smoothies, the more fruits and veggies my body craved. It was like, “yes, give me more of that please.”

I began to effortlessly lose weight, gain energy and get passionate about life. I started dreaming about what I wanted to do… and then actually go after it. I started running and eventually trained for a marathon… and then another… then another.

Jen Hansard running everglades national park

I realized that this was not another diet (I’ve tried many). This green smoothie obsession was the kickstart to a healthier lifestyle.

WITH THE RESULTS I WAS GETTING, I JUST COULDN’T KEEP IT TO MYSELF.

With Jadah’s help,  we founded Simple Green Smoothies in 2011 with a desire to spread the green smoothie love far and wide. It’s been a blast since that very day— we’ve built a passionate online community, published a book and traveled the world speaking on stages.

We’ve seen people balance their blood sugar, get off their blood pressure medications, become healthier and closer with their families, lose weight without trying, have more energy, and go after their passions again. #kaleyeah

In 2016, Jadah stepped away from Simple Green Smoothies to dedicate her time to new passion. Since then, I’ve fully committed to sharing my journey of health, happiness and adventure with you. Yet I don’t want you to just be a spectator, I want you to “drink the kool-aid” and start seeing yourself come alive too. We’re a community at Simple Green Smoothies—and I’m inviting you to be a part of it.

Are you in?

Meet the Rawkstar Team

410 Responses to “Our story. Our mission.”

1. SGS Rawkstar 1.21.2017 at 7:15 pm #

Hi Katherine,

No Facebook account? We’d be more than happy to refund you the $10 upgrade fee. You should be receiving notification shortly.

2. Tonia Lassanah 1.18.2017 at 3:40 pm #

I am a SUPER huge fan of your site! I started a 7 day Green Smoothie challenge as a result. Keep the deliciousness coming!

• SGS Rawkstar 1.18.2017 at 6:34 pm #

Thanks for blendin’ with us, Tonia! We’re so lucky to have you as part of our SGS Tribe!

3. Annette Rich 1.10.2017 at 3:27 pm #

Please provide recipes (include quantities) for green smoothies without fruit and liquid base is only water. How many vegetables in one smoothie? Rotate only two of the vegetables? Or use only two vegetables?

4. Naomi Nunez 1.5.2017 at 5:25 am #

I want to be part of the 7 day challenge please help. Thank you

5. Rhonda Frondall 1.2.2017 at 3:33 pm #

can you please send me the 30 day challenge information again, I have had trouble with my computer.

• SGS Rawkstar 1.4.2017 at 9:35 am #

Hi Rhonda,

We’re changing it up for 2017 and hosting a 7-Day Challenge!! Oh, KALE YEAH! We’ve heard a lot of feedback from our community, and we’re listening! So we’re trying something new. Want to join us! Sign up here!

6. Joe Velie 12.29.2016 at 6:40 am #

got your book for xmas … my wife and i toasted to our first green smoothie last night and i had another for breakfast … yum!
    thanks for making it SIMPLE!!! hugs to all .. joe

• SGS Rawkstar 1.4.2017 at 9:54 am #

Cheers to a rawkin’ 2017!

7. Barbara Nabors 11.27.2016 at 2:43 pm #

I have signed up as a beginner to this program and have not received an email. Unfortunately I am not on any of the social media. Is there some other way to communicate and receive information from you other than social media. I am quite interested in pursuing this program and impressed with both of you having just read the Wall Street Journal article about green smoothies.

• SGS Rawkstar Jen 12.1.2016 at 4:03 pm #

Hey Barbara! So glad you found us through the Wall Street Journal. It was such an honor for them to share our journey. If you’re having trouble receiving our email, can you fill out the form at the bottom of this page so we can have your email and help you asap: http://simplegreensmoothies.com/contact

8. LaTonya Taylor 11.4.2016 at 12:34 am #

I have type 2 diabetes and I’m having pains in my calf will the green drink help me

• SGS Rawkstar 11.7.2016 at 6:41 am #

Hi LaTonya,

Thank for reaching out to us. Since we are not doctors or nutritionists, we suggest that any member of community with health concerns to speak to their healthcare provider to confirm that green smoothies and the natural sugars are okay for their eating plan.

Here is a link to our favorite low sugar fruits.

Hope that helps.

9. Lorena Chiappara 10.16.2016 at 2:40 am #

Hi there l found your site on facebook last week and signed up for the 21 day detox, but the site shut down just after l put in my payment details. I have been waiting for an email to confirm my joining, but haven’t received anything. I discovered today that the money was deducted from my credit card.
    Can some one please contact me, as l would like to take part in the detox challenge.,

• SGS Rawkstar 10.18.2016 at 8:30 am #

Hi Lorena,

Oh no! Thank you so much for letting us know. We’re so sorry our product didn’t reach your inbox. Technology is not always on our side. I just checked our records and it looks like unfortunately our email hard bounced when we attempted to send you your purchase as your email address was missing an “a”. I just sent you the download links again and have fixed your email address.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
      Amanda F, Community Happiness Specialist

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Just One Thing ~ Reiki Healing Energy - 1.19.2017

[…] is the idea behind what the founders of Simple Green Smoothies did. Unhealthy, broke, de-energized, and not sure where to go next, Jadah decided to change just […]