FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS!  |  Experience our plant-powered meal plans, health challenges & positive support.

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS! Plant-powered meal plans, challenges & support.

FREEZER SMOOTHIE PACKS ON A BUDGET
#1 GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE OF ALL TIME
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENt SMOOTHIE
Trending Recipes

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

I’m Jen Hansard, mom of two and lover of green smoothies, coffee & tacos.
I transformed my family's health with a plant-powered diet while broke and without health insurance. Since then, I've helped 1 million+ families do it too!

more about me )

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER + SMOOTHIES!
GET MY
RECIPE BOOKS

HERBALICIOUS HUMMUS

3.20.2017

Hummus has long been one of my favorite dishes, both for meals and snacks. Sometimes I eat carrot sticks JUST so I can have some hummus. And nothing beats homemade hummus… especially this detoxifying recipe from our Fresh Start (spring) cleanse.

Chickpeas are an awesome source of plant-based protein + iron, but we’ve ramped up the nutrient content of this yummy dip even more by including a mix of fresh herbs. Serve with veggies for dipping, or slather some on collard greens or romaine lettuce leaves for a yummy veggie wrap!

Herbalicious Hummus

• Yield: 4 1x
  • Category: Snack

With this recipe on hand, you’ll never need store-bought hummus again! Along with iron-rich chickpeas, we’ve included loads of fresh, vibrant herbs to add extra vitamins, minerals, and leafy green love to an already beloved dip.

• 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 cup fresh parsley, stems removed
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
  • 1/2 cup fresh dill, stems removed
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
  • 2 tbsp tahini
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

FOR SERVING

• 1/2 cup veggies: cucumber chips, carrots, celery sticks, sliced bell peppers, radishes

1. Place chickpeas into a food processor or blender. Pulse to chop the chickpeas. Add the remaining ingredients. Process or blend until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
  2. Transfer to an airtight container and store until ready to serve. Serve with fresh veggies.

Ready for 21 days of delicious, plant-powered meals?

Transform your health with tasty recipes, meal plans + challenges.

Meal Planner
FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

THE PLANT-POWERED

COMMENTS

1. Paula says:

The best hummus I have ever had!

2. Lindsey says:

This hummus is amazing…who would have thought that cilantro and parsley would make such good friends? I love all of the interesting combos that SGS comes up with. My taste buds are never bored! Thanks for knocking it out of the park yet again, ladies!

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Isn’t it crazy, Lindsey. When I first made this, I thought – whoa, that’s a lot of green. But they honestly elevate each other and make an amazing flavor-packed hummus!

3. Krista Wooley says:

This is the only hummus I’m going to make from now on!!!! So yummy!
    I’m not a huge parsley fan, but this stuff is amazing. The mix of herbs is perfect!

4. Nancy Ale says:

This hummus is delicious. Definitely a keeper. Very easy to make and freeze in small containers to grab for lunch.

5. Makini says:

Delicious!!!!! Definitely will become a staple in my home!!!!

6. Clara says:

Delicious! When I wasn’t able to bring other snacks to work on the cleanse (ex. popsicles), I brought this instead with a bunch of veggies. Could almost be a meal in itself!

7. Rebecca says:

This is a favorite in my house! We love all the fresh herbs and garlic. Simple and delicious.

8. Heather Paul says:

I don’t like dill, so I wasn’t too excited about this recipe. I decided to make it like it’s written since I love so many of SGS’s recipes. This one is delicious too!!!

9. Rhonda G says:

This hummus is delicious! I will definitely make this recipe more often. Hummus is a favorite snack in our house, and making our own with simple healthy ingredients is a plus. It makes a good amount for multiple snacks. I love SGS!

10. Kim says:

Wow this is definitely staying in my recipe book!!! So yummy.

11. Elsie says:

I was never a fan of hummus until SGS hummus came along. I will definitely be making my own from now on.

12. Emily says:

This is THE BEST hummas recipie I have ever tried! I can not stop eating it on EVERTHING! If you make anything make it this!

13. Kate says:

So good with all the fresh herbs- and simple and quick to make. This is a definite keeper!

14. Christina says:

So simply, absolutely delicious, and it freezes well!

1 2

Top 7 green smoothie recipes ever!
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE