7-DAY RESET IS HERE
TOP WINTER RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

The Mini Detox Guide

This mini detox tips article is a part of my Wellness Spring Training series, a FREE 3-part workshop that’ll help you discover the secret sauce to losing weight, gaining energy & fueling your passions this spring.

( Download your free workbook towards the bottom of the post. )

Have you ever wished you could hit the reset button on your body?

Maybe it’s because of all the junk you ate last weekend. Or throughout the holidays. There are days I wake up bloated and blemished— and know I need to make a change in my diet.

A whole foods detox is a great way to kick start a new season in your wellness journey. Sometimes my clothes just get a little extra snug, I’m tired no matter how much sleep I get & I’ll crave junk all day long. These are some of the symptoms that our body could use a gentle reset. I create the detox guide to make it easy & affordable on you.

How do you do a healthy detox?

A mini detox can be completely natural (and effective)— yet it’s gonna take some work on your end. You can’t just buy a magic pill or sip tea all day long if you really want to treat your body to a health detox. As good as that sounds, our body needs fuel to thrive.

Now, I know what you might be thinking about a detox…

….because I was too. But that’s NOT AT ALL what I’m talking about.

So stay with me.

When is a detox most beneficial?

According to research, people tend to gain five to seven pounds during the winter months. Why is this?

We don’t make our health a priority. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing. We dive head first into holiday traditions (cookies, feasts & peppermint mochas), and bypass our healthy habits. Myself included.

The veggie tray is practically untouched while the cookie platter has been demolished.

No joke, this winter, I probably ate 100 cookies and guzzled more cups of coffee than I can count.

It was a special winter season with my family— and I’m all for that. Yet now that’s it’s warming up and I’m removing the layers of clothing– I am not thrilled with what I see OR how I feel.

I’m okay with devouring cookies over winter break because there’s always an opportunity for change… if we choose to accept it. And I’m ready— and have a feeling you are too.

The Spring Mini Detox Guide

I created this mini detox guide to get us out of the winter funk.

With this simple detox guide you can download for free, I’ll show you a few tricks I used to boost my energy levels and enhance my body’s overall performance. They’re simple, healthy habits that really make a difference.

Just like a car has to get an oil change to remove the gunk to run well… we have to remove the toxic buildup in our body so we can burn calories more efficiently, boost our energy levels and clear up our skin issues.

What exactly is causing our bodies to get outta whack? It has to do with the…

• pesticides found on the produce we eat
  • hormones in the dairy & meat products we consume
  • artificial ingredients in the packaged foods we love

All of these things may not seem that big of a deal in small doses, because they’re not. Yet overtime or in large doses, they can cause build up and stress our liver and kidneys. We get tired easier. We’re more agitated. Our skin gets rashes or blemishes. Our digestive system is messed up.

Download the FREE detox guide

These are some of the signs that your body needs an oil change… aka: a mini detox. If you’re nodding your head to this. Then download the Mini Detox Guide and take action TODAY.

Download your Mini Detox Guide and get started on your Spring Training. If you have any questions, just leave a comment below. Once you complete your mini detox, come back here and let me know.

Comment : Are you excited to start your mini detox?!

Commenting below enters you into our Rawk the Year Giveaway, where one lucky rawkstar will get an annual membership to our new plant-based meal plan with seasonal cleanses.

Transform your health with tasty recipes + meal plans that fuel your body so you're able to go after your passions no matter what stage of life you're in.

Plant-Powered Meal Planner
learn more

7-DAY WINTER RESET

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Rhonda Falcon

March 20th, 2019 at 10:30 am

Hi!
    I am excited to try the mini-detox. I have also signed up to do the Spring cleanse. I am so worried about giving up coffee. I enjoy one glass of wine most evenings. And I do like the occasional sweet. I think I will be okay without wine and sweets but coffee is another story. I have been drinking coffee since I was in high school and I am not in my 50s.

2. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:23 am

Hey Rhonda,

Oh yes you are speaking my language! I am an avid coffee drinker and every time I do this cleanse I get so nervous about not having it. Yet after day 4 I am usually just fine and realize I don’t need it as much as I did before. We will be here for each other and help keep each other accountable. We’ve got this!!!

3. Susan Peck

March 20th, 2019 at 10:41 am

Thanks so much for the Spring push, I’m about to have some pretty significant surgery on 3/28 and I’ll be out of work for 2 weeks and then not allowed to do any physical activity for 2 months. I have loved the Green Smoothies since discovering this back on the last Spring Simple 7. I did the Summer and the Winter. I know this will help me in my recovery! Thanks for doing all you do!!

4. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:31 am

Hey Susan,

Wow!! We truly hope you have a safe and quick recovery from your surgery. If you have any questions or need anything when you are ready just let us know!

Take care!

5. Polly

March 20th, 2019 at 10:42 am

I actually am excited to try the mini detox! I wasn’t even expecting this, so it was a real treat to receive in my inbox today, and since I was already planning a grocery store run, I think it came at just the right time. I’ve been making some changes for my health’s sake and I think this will fit in nicely. I can’t wait to see the results!

6. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:32 am

Hey Polly,

Yay!! So happy that you were pleasantly surprised by this. We are so excited that you are wanting to participate in our mini detox and that it came at the perfect time for you!! 🙂

7. Polly

March 20th, 2019 at 10:52 am

I just read through the download and I have 2 questions. First, for how many days does the mini detox last (a few days…a week)? Second, I usually buy the big English cucumbers (because I hate cucumber seeds!), and half of THAT in a smoothie? I’m thinking no. So approximately how much cucumber would that be (1/2 cup…3/4)? Thanks for your help!

8. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:37 am

Hey Polly,

This mini detox is enough for one day but feel free to do it for multiple days if you are up for it! Also the recipe calls for half a regular cucumber so that would be about 1 cup if you are wanting to measure it out. Hope that helps 🙂

9. Polly

March 21st, 2019 at 1:53 pm

That helps a lot, Carissa! Thanks so much!

10. Bernie

March 20th, 2019 at 10:56 am

So excited to try the mini-detox. Here’s hoping it will help to begin clearing up some of my health concerns.

11. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:39 am

Hey Bernie,

So glad you are joining us! I know you are going to feel amazing on this mini detox 🙂

12. RJ Gonzalez

March 20th, 2019 at 10:58 am

So pumped! I love these! So helpful, been following now for a few years and it’s always something amazing, tasty and rejuvenating! I’m always so excited to get an email from you guys!

13. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:42 am

Hey RJ,

We are excited that you are part of our rawesome community!! So glad you will be joining us for our mini detox. Can’t wait for you to start feeling the benefits from it too 🙂

14. Charlene Fudge

March 20th, 2019 at 10:58 am

I’m so excited about this. I did the winter reset in December and could use a little detox right about now.

15. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:44 am

Yay Charlene!!

So excited that you will be joining us for our mini detox!!

16. Nayna

March 20th, 2019 at 10:59 am

Man, this is a GREAT mini detox guide. Concise, efficient, effective!!! Thank you Jen <3

17. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the rawesome feedback, Nayna!! We are so excited you are joining us for our mini detox!!

18. Shawnee Rose

March 20th, 2019 at 11:11 am

I was just looking for a good detox program when this popped up in my email. I love all the information included in this one-day mini detox. I’m excited to try the tea. I’m looking forward to the next challenge.

19. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:47 am

Hey Shawnee,

Sounds like you received this at the perfect time. I know you are going to really enjoy this mini detox!!

20. Amber

March 20th, 2019 at 11:13 am

I really need this right now. I can relate to what you were talking about. Winter has definitely taken a toll on me this year. So excited to jump in and try this! The cover is beautiful too! 🙂

21. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 11:50 am

Hey Amber,

Winter was rough for a lot of us and that is why we though this mini detox would be perfect! So glad you will be joining us!!

22. Angie

March 20th, 2019 at 11:16 am

What can I substitute for pineapple? I have an intolerance. Thank you!

23. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Hey Angie,

You can substitute pineapple for oranges, mangoes, or peaches.

Hope that helps!

24. Omotayo

March 20th, 2019 at 11:18 am

I am so ready!!!! Let’s get it started!

25. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Yay!!! We are so excited for you!!

26. Sandy

March 20th, 2019 at 11:28 am

I needed to read this today. It makes eating healthy and changing habits seem achievable with basic real ingredients that don’t cost a fortune. Thank you!

27. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Hey Sandy,

That is why we are here! We want this to be something that is easy and works well with your routine.

28. Lacey Grin

March 20th, 2019 at 11:32 am

Super excited for this mini detox guide. Right now I have rash all over my neck, my hairline and on my eyelids. I seeking any relief and hoping that this guide will do just that! Fingers crossed.

29. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Hey Lacey,

We are super excited for you too! I truly hope this will have your skin clear up and give you relief.

30. Susie

March 20th, 2019 at 11:35 am

Hello, My body and mind drag on, and it is on a daily basis. So, I am thinking this could be a sign to jump start me into feeling good, something I don’t know if I every felt and I am going to be 50 this summer so, with spring happening I am thinking that a detox would be good for me, both body, mind, and soul.

31. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 20th, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Hey Susie,

We are right there with you! You need to start you 50’s off with a bang and we will be there to help you along the way!!

1 2 3 5

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25