The Best Smoothie Mason Jars + Accessories

Some may call it an obsession, others may call it an addiction with smoothie mason jars…

Either way, we truly love green smoothies and have spent lots of time testing and trying various products to share with you. We always get excited when we find something that helps make life a little easier— like the bamboo mason jar lids or paper straws that are eco-friendly AND adorable! We’ve compiled a list of our favorite green smoothie must-haves that rock our world! Click any of the links below to be taken directly to Amazon or the seller directly (we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase).

Smoothie Mason Jars

Lids + Straws for Smoothie Mason Jars

I always say, green smoothies are the healthiest fast food— because I am always bringing them on the go. TO help with spills and add some style posts, these are my go-to accessories for my smoothie mason jars.

Best Books + Apps + Programs

I may be a little biased (okay, 100% biased!)… but these are the go-to books and apps for making tasty green smoothies and plant-powered meals.

Going the extra mile with green smoothies

Turning green smoothies into popsicles has been a game changer for us on a hot summer day! We also compost our waste and use it in our garden to add essential vitamins for healthy, happy fruits + veggies.

What about you?

Did I cover it all?! I’d love to know if you have an other staple smoothie supplies that I’m missing here. If you’re wondering about blenders, I’ve got an entire blender guide on that. If you’re curious about what superfoods to add to your smoothies, check out my Smoothie Superfood article.

553 comments

Cherie 1.8.2016 - 7:48 pm

I plan on doing two smoothie a day breakfast and lunch can I refrigerate the leftovers for that day if am going to drink the rest for lunch.

SGS Rawkstar 1.11.2016 - 6:06 pm

Hi Cherie,

Of course! Our recipes will keep in your refrigerator for up to two days! We suggest storing them in an airtight container and adding a little bit of lemon juice to help preserve their green goodness!

Using your green smoothie as a meal replacement? We suggest adding protein + healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal. Check out our favorite meal replacement booster combos here…

Denise 1.8.2016 - 7:35 am

I have a fitbit and am logging in my food/drink. I am doing the 30 day smoothie challenge and was wondering
if you had any idea of calories?

SGS Rawkstar 1.8.2016 - 9:53 am

Hi Denise,

We personally don’t count calories, so we don’t include them in our recipes at this time. You’ll find that when you consume more nourishing whole fruits and veggies, you will not only feel full longer, but you’ll also have lessened cravings for high-calorie, nutritionally empty foods. So in the end it balances out. But we know many people would like to have calorie info. Three great resources for tracking calories are Self Nutrition Data, and the phone apps: My Fitness Pal and Lose It.

Viji 1.2.2016 - 11:29 am

Hi-
I have signed up for the 30 day smoothie challenge. In fact I also bought a Vitamix blender . What do you consider one serving – 8 oz or 16 oz?
Appreciate your response.
You have a great website and lots of good smoothie choices , and an inspiration to start the new year healthy.

Viji

SGS Rawkstar 1.3.2016 - 6:14 am

Hi Viji,

Thanks for joining us! One serving is 16oz, each of our recipes make two servings!

Cheers 🙂

New Green Lover 1.2.2016 - 8:55 am

Hello! I am new to all of this and just started the challenge for January today. Is it ok that I missed day 1? Also are the recipes for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner; or anyway? I hope this make sense of what I’m asking. Thank you

SGS Rawkstar 1.3.2016 - 6:13 am

Hi New Green Lover,

Thanks for reaching out! Missed a day? No worries! Just jump back into the challenge when you’re ready!

Our goal for you is to add one (16oz) green smoothie to your day in addition to your regular diet, and enjoy your green smoothie any time of day! Your smoothie will give your body a great energy boost, similar to a cup of coffee, just in case you’re planning on having your smoothie late at night.

Interested in using your green smoothie as a meal replacement? You can replace up to two meals! We simply suggest adding protein + healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal. Check out our favorite meal replacement booster combos here…

Hope this helps!

Cam 12.29.2015 - 10:24 am

I’m on day 18 of my 21 day cleanse!! and am planning on doing the 30 day challenge in January. On the cleanse the smoothies are breakfast, was wondering if they can be later in the day as I crave something warm in the mornings or is it more beneficial to have them for breakfast?

SGS Rawkstar 12.30.2015 - 10:25 am

Hi Cam,

Thanks for reaching out! Of course, green smoothies are perfect anytime of day. Just be aware that green smoothies give you a great energy boost, similar to a cup of coffee, if you’re planning on enjoying your smoothie at night.

Craving something warm? Check out these warm green smoothie recipes…

Gail T 12.24.2015 - 10:33 am

I’m going to start this 30 day thing right after Christmas, I have a so so blender & also a so so processor, will either of these work?

SGS Rawkstar 12.27.2015 - 10:21 am

Hi Gail,

Yay! We’re so excited to have you join us! Both are great options. Check out our tips for blending the perfect green smoothie here…

Peggy 12.11.2015 - 2:02 pm

I have a juicer and a so-so blender. I have recently been smelling a little electrical odor as I have been blending my greens and water and then adding frozen fruits. My question – could I send my greens and fruit thru the juicer and then throw everything (juice and solids) into the blender and get the same bang for my cheap skate buck? I must admit that I am watching the Vitamix site because they now have reconditioned blenders on sale. Would appreciate your thoughs on the juicer/blending method.

SGS Rawkstar 12.14.2015 - 8:50 am

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for reaching out. Adding both the juice + solids to your blender would help provide your body with the fiber we love from green smoothies. Our only concern is if you’re smelling an electrical odor it might be time to reach out to your blender manufacturer. We’d hate for that to become a safety hazard!! Looking for a leafy green pulverizing machine on a budget? Check out our favorite blenders under $120 here…

Sachiko 11.19.2015 - 9:13 am

Thank you for the great information! I’m a physician practicing integrative/functional family medicine, and I myself have been drinking smoothies almost daily since summer, and your site has given me lots of good inspiration. I have had lots of health benefits myself, and am promoting green smoothies to my patients. However as it’s getting colder and fresh produce is less available/more expensive, a lot of my patients are less open to trying/continuing to drink smoothies. When it’s 20F outside (like a few days ago here in Maine), you don’t feel like drinking cold smoothies! Can you share any tips for budget-tight, less health-conscious people in the cold seasons? Thank you and keep up with the great work!

SGS Rawkstar 11.19.2015 - 11:03 am

Hi Sachiko,

YAY! We love hearing how your promoting health and wellness with your patience through green smoothies! We can definitely understand how healthy eating can become harder and more expensive as the temperature drops. Here are a few of our favorite tips for cost-conscious blending…

-Make a shopping list: Making a weekly meal planning list that covers what you will eat on a daily basis will help you only buy what you need. Make sure to include snacks in your meal plan and shopping list, too.

-Buy seasonal fruit and veggies: Purchasing produce is in season and is typically cheaper. And if you see a good deal on fresh fruits and veggies, purchase in bulk and freeze for future smoothies.

-Buy out of season fruits frozen: Costco and Sam’s Club sell large bags of organic frozen fruit at good prices. If your freezer can accommodate bags in bulk, take advantage of making these purchases.

-Buy from local fruit stands, farmer’s markets and CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture): For the tastiest and most fresh organic produce, buy locally. Not only has the produce been grown and harvested close to home, but buying locally also helps our environment by eliminating the time and resources needed to deliver. Visit, http://www.LocalHarvest.org to find your local farm, farmers markets, and other local food sources.

-Follow the EWG’s Dirty Dozen: This list will help you know what is worth getting organic and what you can buy conventional.

Logan 11.18.2015 - 11:56 am

I just joined and plan on trying the 30 day challenge in January. Although, I already try to incorpate green smoothies and other healhty smoothies into my daily routine. It’s a much easier, more fun and delicious way for me to get as many daily nutrients in as possible with out sacrficing taste. Looking forward to near future tips and healthy smoothie recipes to try!!!

Happy Smoothie-ing!!!

SGS Rawkstar 11.19.2015 - 10:59 am

Hi Logan,

Thanks for joining us! We’re so excited to have you as part of our January 30-Day Challenge!

Mary 11.9.2015 - 2:43 pm

Hi Jen & Jadah. I love this site and during the year or so I have been drinking green smoothies almost every day I am feeling so much better than before. I am steadily losing some of my overweight. Yesterday I ordered your new book from Amazon. One for me and two for friends. Can hardly wait for it to arrive. Thanks for all your efforts. Mary. Canada.

SGS Rawkstar 11.10.2015 - 7:12 am

Hi Mary,

YAY! Thank you so much for all of your leafy love + all of your support! We love hearing how green smoothies are changing the way you feel, so thank you for taking the time to let us know! 🙂

Tracey 11.6.2015 - 10:45 am

Wow what a great website. Packed with information, since I’ve started having a green smoothie for breakfast a haven’t fancied anything sweet and keeps me full for 5 hours, your recipes are great and I can’t wait to take.the 30 day challenge with you.

SGS Rawkstar 11.9.2015 - 11:59 am

Hi Tracey,

Thank you so much for reaching out! We love hearing the positive effects adding green smoothies to your day have had on your health + wellness! We’re counting down the days until our January 30-Day Challenge and can’t wait for you to join us!

Cheers 🙂

tj 11.5.2015 - 3:43 pm

Hi,

Why would you use hemp protein powder instead of hemp seeds? Thanks for any info!

SGS Rawkstar 11.6.2015 - 8:08 am

Hi TJ,

We love hemp hearts! Adding either hemp hearts or hemp protein is a great way to boost your green smoothie!

Cheers 🙂

Kathleen 11.5.2015 - 9:08 am

Hello! When you list coconut milk as an ingredient, are you referring to canned coconut milk or the kind that comes in a carton? Thanks in advance!

SGS Rawkstar 11.6.2015 - 8:06 am

Hi Kathleen,

Great question! The container doesn’t matter, as much as making sure you’re reaching for coconut milk + not coconut creme. Coconut creme is higher in fat + has a custard like consistency…reach for coconut milk which is lighter + has a more cows milk like texture.

Hope this helps!

Michelle 10.27.2015 - 6:25 am

I would like to be added to the mailing list and will you be having a November challenge? Please add me…thanks

SGS Rawkstar 10.27.2015 - 7:26 am

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for reaching out! We would love to have you join our next challenge! Sign up here…

We host our 30-Day Challenge four times a year, so our next challenge will kick-off in January. Don’t want to wait that long? You can purchase our 30-Day Challenge E-Guide and complete it on your time!

Cheers 🙂

Julie 10.23.2015 - 1:10 pm

I just ordered the Magic Bullet instead of the Nutri Bullet. Is there a difference?

SGS Rawkstar 10.26.2015 - 8:05 am

Hi Julie,

They’re both great options! Magic Bullet actually partnered with NutriBullet on a few of their blenders making both super smoothie blendin’ options! 🙂

hidayah 10.17.2015 - 8:17 am

Hi,

I was wondering about using a juicer instead of a blender. The juicer will separate the fibres from the liquids of fruits n greens.Would the content n health benefit bethe same? Thx.

SGS Rawkstar 10.19.2015 - 6:43 am

Hi Hidayah,

Great question! Let me first start by saying this… There are LOTS of different opinions within the health community on the blending VS. juicing debate. There are health nutritionists that fall on both sides that claim their way is best, which makes it even more confusing!

Now, here is what we think… Both blending and juicing are great ways to give your body incredible nutrients—each way is just different. Juicing will give you a more concentrated serving of nutrients, which can be a good and bad thing. This means that if a fruit has vitamin C in it, you will get much more vitamin C by extracting the juice because you need to use much more fruit to get a full glass. The downside, is that you aren’t getting the WHOLE fruit. You will be missing out on the fiber and all the other nutrients housed in the fleshy parts of fruits.

Blending gives you the whole fruit. You will have a normal dose of nutrients, and you will be receiving ALL the nutrients housed in the fruit. We also think that blending is less complicated than using a juicer, which is the primary reason we choose blending—We are, in fact, Simple Green Smoothies 🙂

Learn more about the difference here…

Brenda 10.3.2015 - 6:01 am

Thank you for keeping me on track, now is easy for me to have my smoothies every day.

SGS Rawkstar 10.3.2015 - 11:26 am

Thanks for blendin’ with us, Brenda!

Janet 10.2.2015 - 5:12 am

Thanks for your great tips for preparing and freezing smoothies in mason jars. Some blenders accept the standard mason jar top; are there any exceptions in the blenders that you recommend above?

SGS Rawkstar 10.2.2015 - 6:47 pm

Hi Janet,

We’re all about blending safely!! So while we know that some blenders can fit a mason jar, we suggest sticking with the pitcher or container made for your specific blender.

Cheers 🙂

kathy 9.29.2015 - 2:01 pm

whoa! I don’t want to unsubscribe- not sure how that happened but please put me back on your email list. Thanks!

SGS Rawkstar 9.29.2015 - 5:57 pm

Hi Kathy,

Of course! You’re back on our mailing list!

Cheers 🙂

Kathy 9.28.2015 - 7:31 am

Please unsubscribe

SGS Rawkstar 9.28.2015 - 6:50 pm

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for letting us know you would like to unsubscribe. While we will miss you, I’ve forwarded your request onto our team. Come back anytime!

Cheers to health, happiness, + leafy greens!

1 9 10 11 12 13 14