The Best Smoothie Mason Jars + Accessories

Some may call it an obsession, others may call it an addiction with smoothie mason jars…

Either way, we truly love green smoothies and have spent lots of time testing and trying various products to share with you. We always get excited when we find something that helps make life a little easier— like the bamboo mason jar lids or paper straws that are eco-friendly AND adorable! We’ve compiled a list of our favorite green smoothie must-haves that rock our world! Click any of the links below to be taken directly to Amazon or the seller directly (we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase).

Smoothie Mason Jars

Lids + Straws for Smoothie Mason Jars

I always say, green smoothies are the healthiest fast food— because I am always bringing them on the go. TO help with spills and add some style posts, these are my go-to accessories for my smoothie mason jars.

Best Books + Apps + Programs

I may be a little biased (okay, 100% biased!)… but these are the go-to books and apps for making tasty green smoothies and plant-powered meals.

Going the extra mile with green smoothies

Turning green smoothies into popsicles has been a game changer for us on a hot summer day! We also compost our waste and use it in our garden to add essential vitamins for healthy, happy fruits + veggies.

What about you?

Did I cover it all?! I’d love to know if you have an other staple smoothie supplies that I’m missing here. If you’re wondering about blenders, I’ve got an entire blender guide on that. If you’re curious about what superfoods to add to your smoothies, check out my Smoothie Superfood article.

553 comments

Danne 4.25.2013 - 12:25 pm

I am totally a newby, just started today with juicing carrots, celery & an apple. I’m not new knowing about nutrition or how to eat right to be healthy but the veggie juicing thing I have to learn. I bought a Ninja from Costco but it didn’t juice carrots, celery or spinach, their recipes were all about fruit so I returned it and bought a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor. What do you all think about that? It juiced my veggies this morning, so I was happy with that and it only cost me $65 incl the tax. I was thinking that if I only wanted fruit smoothies, I could just use my blender but I want the green veggies and such because I know I don’t eat enough in my meals. I also want to stay away from meat, but still eat fish. I love fish.
Sorry I’m so long winded, this is my first go at this and I’m probably older than all of you. :^)

Tina 4.25.2013 - 1:54 pm

Hi Danne,
I meant different raw veggies (not gems – what the… lol)

Shelley G 4.18.2013 - 6:26 pm

I would so buy your SGS tee shirts! Hurry and start selling for summer! LOVE your website! I too just started the Green Smoothie about 6 days ago- love me some GREEN in the am!

Tanya B 4.17.2013 - 4:01 pm

Hi, I’ve been doing your April 30 Day Challenge (I actually just started this week), and I love it. So far it’s quite easy to do and the weekly shopping lists make it very convenient, thank you!! So most likely I will stick with incorporating green smoothies into my daily diet and will probably want to invest in a Vitamix since I’ve been hearing so many great things about them. The deal for the reconditioned ones, is that only available in the USA? I live in Canada and when I click on the ad it takes me to their site where everything is in Canadian Dollars but I don’t see anywhere where they have the reconditioned ones? I can’t even access the US site for some reason as I could buy from there and have it shipped to my US mailing address. I was just wondering if you might know, or should I contact Vitamix directly?

Thanks again for posting and sharing such flavourful smoothies!! I’ve been really enjoying them.

Jadah and Jen 4.17.2013 - 7:44 pm

Hi Tanya 🙂 Is there a “Specials” category on the Canadian site? You should be able to buy them in Canada according to everything that we know…

Tanya B 4.18.2013 - 8:22 pm

Hmm good question, I’ll have to go back and check. I’ll let you know how I make out 🙂 thanks!!

debbie 4.19.2013 - 8:23 pm

hi i am having the same problem hmmm !!! maybe they arent selling refurbished anymore i cant find on us or canada sight 🙁

Mer 5.19.2013 - 9:51 am

No category for the Canadian site 🙁

Reyhana 4.15.2013 - 5:50 pm

I have an Omega juicer and wondered if most of these recipes would work with a juicer? Or would a blender be best?

Jadah and Jen 4.15.2013 - 6:34 pm

Hi Reyhana! They may work… We are all about blenders and smoothies, so we aren’t huge into the juicing world. We think they are best as smoothies because they include a wider variety of nutrients (the fleshy parts of fruits and veggies have nutrients, too). Hope this helps!

Renny 4.14.2013 - 5:34 am

I see most of your servings consists of about 2 cups or so…I’ve been know to drink about 22-32 oz at a time as meal replacement or snack…is that too much? Do you mostly drink 2 cups as portion control or bc your green smoothie is a supplement or accompaniment to a meal?

Jadah and Jen 4.15.2013 - 5:32 am

If you are using it as a meal replacement then 22-32 oz is, in most cases, not too much 🙂 Of course, every person is different and requires a different intake. We do think that just drinking 2 cups (16 oz) is not enough for a meal replacement. Hope this helps!

andrea james 4.10.2013 - 8:40 pm

How many superfoods do we use per smoothie?

Jadah S 4.13.2013 - 6:09 pm

About 1-3 tablespoons per person. To save money (because superfoods can get expensive). 1 tablespoons is good to start. 🙂

Gillian 4.10.2013 - 8:05 am

I’d love to use your links to purchase items from amazon….perhaps you could have a UK tab on your site so that it’ll take me to amazon UK products? Many thanks 🙂

Jadah and Jen 4.10.2013 - 8:06 pm

We will see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion, Gillian 🙂

Tina 4.7.2013 - 10:11 pm

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for replying back! That is what I did too! 32 oz for bfast, and 32 oz for dinner. Since I want to take it fresh-from-the-blender, I have a normal “portion-control” lunch at work. I’m baffled! And I don’t do the same smoothie everyday. I change it up.

Michelle P 4.7.2013 - 10:29 pm

Tina,
I switch my smoothies as well but I have a grill chicken salad for dinner. I also switch my liquids, I use either the water or coconut water. I’m going to try the green as my liquid this week.

Michelle P 4.7.2013 - 9:31 pm

Second week and I’m loving my green smoothies. I was surprise that I have already lost 7 lbs.

Tina 4.7.2013 - 9:42 pm

Me too. I’m on my 2nd week but unlike you, I GAINED 6 lbs! How much do you consume and how often in a day? Do you do it as a meal emplacement too? Help!

Michelle P 4.7.2013 - 10:04 pm

Hi Tina,
The first week I consumed 32oz as a meal replacement for breakfast. My plan for the second week is to supplement a 32oz smoothie for breakfast and for lunch. I am going to take fruit as my snack until dinner.

~leonie~ 4.7.2013 - 9:18 am

Maybe a weird / awkard , question..i am a very first beginner , ( from out holland !) and i don’t know how much mil . is a ‘cup’ ?

Thanks for this amazing trip and beginnng start in the Green Smoothie World!
Love

Jen H 4.8.2013 - 7:15 pm

Hi Leonie— great question and glad to have you here. 1 Cup= 236.588 millileter.

PS: Spread the green smoothie love around Holland okay? Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities to vist thanks to the art, canals and bikes. Oh, I love it there!

1 2 3 4 5 6 27