Recipe for superfoods green smoothie

Amazing Superfoods List

3.11.2013

Discover the amazing superfoods from this list of my favorites that I use in my smoothies and meals.

Share the recipe

These amazing superfoods are ranked based on taste and nutrients after years of research and testing.

Confession: I wasn’t a fan of superfoods when I started blending green smoothie. I liked simple fruits and veggies that I recognized and could pronounce. Yet every few weeks, I’d get a new shipment of superfoods to my door from a company that wanted me to try their new product.

I started exploring this world of smoothie boosters. Some were good. Some bad. And some were just nasty. Yet they keep coming because the market keeps growing.

Today, I want to help you NOT waste your time and money… and stick with only the best superfoods list to enhance your smoothie. Honestly, the more fresh fruits and veggies you can use— the better. And when in a pinch or as a finishing touch, additional superfoods can take your smoothie up a notch.

Superfoods are a quick and easy way to get some serious nutrients into your body, yet stepping into the world of ingredients to make superfood smoothies can be intimidating. I’ve wandered through the health aisles of the market in a daze… wondering if these so-called super foods could possibly be worth the “super price”. But what are superfoods?

Seriously, how super could they actually be?

Turns out, pretty super. So let me break it down for you…

In short, superfoods are great for your body and great for our world. They’re all natural and are filled with many nutrients that our bodies crave but don’t receive. And because they are non-GMO + organic that means they are coming from hard working farmers who take care of their crops and the earth in sustainable ways. When using superfoods with a smoothie, the benefits are compounded by so much goodness.

Top 10 Superfoods List for Smoothies

Over the years I’ve prob tried them all in my green smoothies, and have quickly narrowed them down to my “go-to favs.” Below is my amazing superfoods list that I use daily. These ones taste the best and give me the results I’m looking for, which I will break down below. I’ll also share which ones I buy so you can check them out as well (hint: I like Amazon and I like affordable).

10 Amazing Superfoods List for Smoothies and Meals

1. Chia Seeds

If you are looking for a green smoothie staple then you have come to the right place. These do-it-all superseeds are good for your head with their high content of omega fatty acids that increase healthy brain function, but have also proven to be good for your heart by fighting high cholesterol and heart disease. They even boast a wide variety of nutrients, such as: protein, fiber, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, iron, calcium and antioxidants. Use up to three tablespoons of chia seeds in your smoothie.

BLEND ::Post-Workout Green Smoothie

2. Coconut Oil

If you are exercising for weight loss, then coconut oil will be an important ingredient for you. The fatty acids in this superfood fight body fat by converting into energy that boosts metabolism as opposed to animal derived saturated fats that add body fat. Use one tablespoon of coconut oil in your green smoothie for breakfast.

BLEND ::Pineapple Kale Coconut Oil Green Smoothie

3. Avocados

Avocados are a big part of my diet and qualify as a super food at a super price (if you time it right). We toss them in smoothies, make guacamole and often just eat them by themselves. These green gems contain almost 20 vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant compounds that will boost your smoothie real fast and make it extra creamy. They are loaded with heart-healthy fats that will keep your skin glowing and your tummy full longer. That’s why they came in #3 for the best superfoods for smoothies.

BLEND IN :: SPA Cleanser Green Smoothie

4. Hemp Protein

At times it can be difficult to receive the proper amounts of protein and fiber that our bodies need in a healthy way. Hemp protein powder makes it a little easier boasting a whopping 50% protein content and much higher levels of fiber than soy-based protein powder. The hemp content is also kid friendly, as it encourages childhood growth through its amino acids. Athletes can also turn to this superfood for its ability to repair muscles. You can add one to four tablespoons of hemp protein, which has a much stronger taste. You can also buy hemp hearts and sprinkle one to two tablespoons of top of smoothies or add to your salads for a nutty, protein packed punch.

BLEND :: Cherry Pineapple Post Workout Smoothie

5. Cacao Powder

Cacao is filled with two things that we love: antioxidants and flavor! The antioxidants boost your immune system which helps to resist those nasty colds and sickness. The rich, chocolatey flavor is delicious and dessert-like which helps to resist those sugar cravings while still satisfying your sweet tooth. Blend two to four tablespoons of cacao powder with your daily smoothie and enjoy the warm flavors.

BLEND :: Shamrock Green Smoothie

6. Goji Berries

Perhaps one of the tastiest top ten treats are goji berries, known for their healing strength. The nutrients included in these berries are antioxidants and amino acids, but the real strength lies within their more than 20 vitamins and minerals. These precious nutrients have been used for centuries in Asian cultures to strengthen eyesight, fight against viruses, balance hormones, and even to assist with the longevity of life. Not feeling the best? Sweeten things up with 1/2 cup of these berries in your smoothie!

BLEND :: Goji Berry Orange Smoothie

7. Flaxseed

Flax seed is best known for its fatty acids and fiber. When talking about omega fatty acids it is better ask what they can’t do then what they can. This powder plays its part in proper cardiovascular and immune system health, brain function, joint function, soft skin, and more. The fiber in flax is also good for many things, but especially effective with eliminating toxins from your body. Add just one tablespoon of ground flaxseed or try whole seeds to your smoothie for a subtle, nutty flavor with more than subtle nutrition.

BLEND :: Raspberry Coconut Shortcake Green Smoothie

8. Acai Powder

A-what? This smooth superfood is popular for its mispronunciation (uh-sigh-ee), but even more popular for keeping you fiery and full. These Brazilian berries are loaded with antioxidants that boost your body’s energy and ability to focus. Their protein and fiber will also keep you feeling full making the Acai berry (or powder) a weight fighting superhero. Acai has a wide range of possibilities. Its creamy consistency and almost chocolatey flavor works well with both sweet and savory flavors by adding just one tablespoon to your smoothie. You see why it made it on my superfoods list?

BLEND :: Watermelon Acai Smoothie

9. Maca powder

This Peruvian superfood has been used in traditional healing for thousands of years. Maca is known to naturally support the body’s ability to adapt to stress and improve energy, vitality, and stamina— making it the perfect superfood for busy peeps. It has a subtle sweet taste and is a great endurance athlete superfood.

BLEND IN :: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Green Smoothie

10. Spirulina Powder

Of course, superfoods aren’t always made from glamorous plants. Sometimes they are made from pond algae, like Spirulina. Though its taste may be subpar (aka: horrible, to be honest), its high content of everything nutritious makes up for it. if you’re desperate to add more superfood greens to your diet (and don’t mind gagging it down), look no farther.

Just use a small amount to get the benefits without the pungent taste. Spirulina’s top two ingredients are protein and omega fatty acids. Use anywhere from 1/2 to two teaspoons of spirulina in your daily smoothie. I recommend starting with just 1/2 teaspoon to your favorite green smoothie recipe when getting started… if that.

BLEND :: Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie

What’s on your superfoods list?

What is your #1 favorite superfood ingredient? Mine is def chia seeds since they don’t alter the delicious taste of the fruits AND they add a protein + Omega 3 punch. Now that’s plant-power! I wanna know what yours is now.

Share in the comments below and let’s see what’s the most popular superfood.

Oh and if you’ve never tried a green smoothie, I have an amazing 7-day green smoothie program for you to try. Its free, and I’ll show you how to make 7 green smoothies and start a healthy new habit. Click here to sign up!

COMMENTS

1. Sandibel says:

I did not know about most of these. After reading through it it makes me want to add them to my grocery list, which I will definitly do. I am not a breakfast person so adding these super foods will definitly give me the boost I need for the morning.

2. Kimberlee says:

I love just about every superfood add in. Currently hemp seeds, MCT oil & chia. Also, plain kefir. Extra probiotics!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

I’m also a huge fan of superfoods in my smoothies, Kimberlee! I use a lot of chia seeds, MCT oil, acai powder, and cacao powder. 🙂

3. SHEILA says:

EXCELLENT INFORMATION THANK YOU SO MUCH! ADDING HEMP SEEDS TO MY SMOOTHIES HAS REALLY HELPED ME WITH A LOT OF HEALTH ISSUES!

4. Yvonne says:

I just learned that the chia seeds I have been using in the simple green smoothie 10 day challenge is considered a super food. Therefore they are my favorite – there really is no taste, they are inexpensive and super good for you!

5. the smoothie world #simple green thank you #SGS RAWKSTAR AMANDA

6. what a great site!! thank you #john

• SGS Rawkstar Carissa says:

Hey thank you for that awesome feedback! We are so excited to have you a part of our rawkstar community!

7. Geraldine Watts says:

Hi Jen! I tried this but it was way too thick I had to eat it with a spoon. And even then it tasted very bad and I felt sick after. If this happens, should I add more coconut oil and avocado? Those seemed to be the only “wet” ingredients in this recipe. Thanks! -Geraldine

• Melanie Astin says:

It sounds like you blended a smoothie out of all the ingredients listed in the article. You should actually add only one or two of these extras typically to a regular smoothie that’s based on whole fruit, greens, water or nut milk for liquid, etc. At the bottom of the blurb about the ingredient is a link to a suggested recipe to add the ingredient to. A note about chia seeds- they do thicken liquids a lot so start with a tablespoon to see how you feel about the consistency. Also whole flax seeds are only good for fiber- the seed coat is not digestible to humans so to get the omega 3 benefits, they must be ground. I hope your next smoothie is yummy so that good nutrition is enjoyable for you!

• SGS Rawkstar Carissa says:

Hey Geraldine,

Thank you Melanie! You were exactly correct with helping Geraldine. The list here are suggestions to add to your smoothie you already drink so that you can get even more benefits out of it!

Let us know how your next smoothie turns out 🙂

8. iris thomson says:

I find the taste is very bad not at all pleasent.. is there a way to make it taste better.

• SGS Rawkstar Carissa says:

Hey Iris,

I am sorry that you had a bad experience! Have you tried switching up your greens and the super foods to make the best tasty option?! Trying a variety is really great to find what fits your specific needs and your taste buds 🙂

9. Donna A says:

Hi Jen, Currently, my superfoods are whatever your recipes call for! I’m not one who will experiment, but I am one that will follow a recipe to the inth degree. Right now my superfoods are Hempseeds, Avocados, and Coconut Oil. I have to ask, is there such a thing as too many superfoods in one smoothie? How does one decide which superfood to use? Do too many superfoods, too often have any negative affects? Keep up the good work! Since starting and completing the 7-Day challenge and on my 3rd day of Thrive-Summer Cleanse, I am on a mission to get rid of my high cholesterol and acid reflux meds.

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Donna,

I love using a variety of superfoods in my green smoothies. Concerned about using too many? Usually – I try to stick with 1-3 superfoods per smoothie and I take a look at each one’s benefits, as I don’t want to repeat them. So if I’m looking for a healthy fat + protein boost, I’ll reach for chia seeds + hemp hearts. Hope that helps!

10. Michele Lewis says:

I grow my own greens indoors which is fun and convenient 🙂 I use the raw cacao every day. The problem I have with some of the other suggestions (like goji) is that it adds a significant number of calories. You can power up your smoothie to the point that it has 600 calories!

11. chasity says:

hello! I have just recently started making green smoothies.
    I have bought a protein (vega one) and have been putting different veggies and fruits together.
    is okay to use protein in the shake with chia and maca root? or is this too much of one thing?

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Chasity,

I love using a variety of superfoods in my green smoothie. Variety is the spice of life after all. I just try to take a peek at each benefit to ensure I’m not repeating a benefit too much.

12. Sue Martell says:

Can you use flaxseed, chia seed, ginger powder, moingaleaf powder, Ceylon cinnamon powder and almond milk . With fresh fruits together in a smoothie

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Sue,

Everyone can benefit from different superfoods. Just take a peek at the benefits + see what your body needs. I usually try to fuel my body with a variety of superfoods.

13. Mark Wieder says:

My wife was concerned about rotating greens. We understand that part. But what about the other ingredients like spirulina, chlorella, mocha, maca powder, moringa, chia, flax, caoco nibs, etc. I saw you mentioned. Maybe not add Chia seeds with spirulina. What about other ingredients. Sometimes I don’t follow a certain recipe, I just dump these in a mixer and chug it. But is there guidelines to follow for the non-veggie non-fruit ingredients?

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Mark,

There’s no exact guideline, but I always follow the thought “variety is the spice of life”. You body loves receiving a variety of ingredients + nutrients – so change it up! 🙂

14. Natalie says:

I add sesame seeds! They’re very healthy. Can’t taste them. Also I recently heard this top but haven’t tried it yet: mashed, cooked sweet potato. Also add peanut butter if you need more calories.

15. Pam P says:

I mix chia seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseed, açaí and goji berry powder along with spirulina- all together in my plain Green yogurt and then add to my smoothie. Too much?

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

HI Pam,

That all sounds good! It’s all about finding the right mix for you + your body!

16. Alex says:

To what extent do you recommend mixing these? I currently have chia seeds, maca root , goji berries, and camu camu powder in the pantry but scared to mix them.

I have had issues with the camu camu before too…. mouth sores? Have you heard of this?

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Alex,

How you mix and match superfoods is really up to you. Chia seeds, maca root, goji berries, + camu camu all offer your body different health benefits, so it’s totally ok to blend them together. I usually try not to repeat superfoods that give the same benefit. For example blending chia seeds, and spirulina all together as they all offer your body protein. Variety is the spice of life after all!

Unfortunately I haven’t heard of mouth sores from camu camu, it’s actually suppose to help heal them. I’d suggest avoiding the superfood until reaching out to your local physical or nutritionist.

17. john says:

We live in the Philippines and are fortunate to have found a great area to live abounding in natures fruits many of which I had never seen before and we are able to get some greens from a neighbouring organic farm but everything is different and we are still trying to understand the tropical greens. is there a good book on the subject?

18. Barbara G says:

My son and I love to add mushroom powder to our smoothies!!

19. Emmah says:

thanks for sharing. my tin of chia seeds that has been seating in my kitchen shelf has found new use.

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Emmah,

YAY!! We love putting chia seeds to good use + they’re great for your body!

20. Jeremy McCoy says:

My morning favorites are Chia Seeds in the mornings and Flax Seed with Coconut Water in the afternoons. Getting ready to branch out soon into Goji Berries and Spirulina. I usually make my smoothies as meal replacements, so they tend to have a few more super and dense foods in them.

• SGS Rawkstar Amanda says:

Hi Jeremy,

I love adding spirulina and goji berries! Not only are goji berries packed with nutrients, but they taste delicious! And spirulina is an amazing source of plant-based protein!

Make sure and reach back out + let me know how you enjoy adding these two to your green smoothies!

21. Wanda says:

We love drinking our fruit/veggie smoothies. That is usually our lunch of choice. Even my grandchildren are on the bandwagon with us. We do add alot of the superfoods to our shakes as well. Especially coconut oil, flaxseeds and gogi berries. Enjoy receiving your recipes for new ideas to keep the interest in staying healthy.

22. Mandi says:

As far as the cost goes- I do know that spirulina is expensive because of the process it takes to break down the thick cell wall. It’s a single cell protist that packs an amazing punch for our health. In fact, spirulina was going to be used in the 70s to “cure” the world hunger problem (not enough farmland/produce for the growing population) but GMOs were introduced and pond scum just went back to being pond scumb!
    Sorry for the overload- I just learned about this with my kids (we Homeschool) in microbiology and we are so excited to see it everywhere now as a superfood!

• SGS Rawkstar says:

Thanks for sharing, Mandi!

• Mary says:

Hi Mandi,
      We homeschool too and learn all sort of interesting and amazing facts as the one you just shared !! My 11 year old is now interested in superfood and kids protein shakes. Lol

23. Lauren says:

As I don’t eat any Veg or Salad and hardly any fruit and I skip breakfast every morning, I am curious could I
    Make for e.g. Fruit with some kale and then throw loads of superfood powders and seeds in!?
    Like is there a limit to how many powders, seeds u can put into a smoothie/juice!?

24. Tosha Lijewski says:

This may be a dumb question, but is it ok to mix a few of these superfoods together in your smoothie or should you only use one at a time?

Hi Tosha,

Of course! We love mixing and matching superfoods to meet our personal health needs!

25. Muy buen articulo, en españa hacemos Apio, zanahoria y naranja con un poco de curcuma, esta delicioso

26. Jones White says:

Yes! Superfoods are a quick and easy way to get some serious nutrients into our body
    We love that “superfoods” are multi-taskers—foods brimming with various disease-fighting nutrients, usually without providing too many calories

27. Odnoo says:

These super food tend to be more expensive. When you think logically it should be cheaper because less labour and processing involved. Isn’t it so?

Hi Odnoo,

Quality has a lot to do with the price. Also, while there is limited processing, they still need to be harvested, often ground, and packaged.

Hope that helps!

• kittycat says:

Price is also driven by demand as every class in economics 101 will tell you.

Look out for articles on regional alternatives like black currant instead of Goji berries or blueberries instead of Acai. The nutrional profil is fairly similar and the CO2 footprint makes those much more sustainable. Also, there are a lot of articles on unhealthy residues in those superfoods because everybody jumps on the “health train” and tries to profit from the frenzy.

28. Teresa Escamilla says:

I am looking for a superfood powder that contains the top ten superfoods and protein. I would take it without the protein if it had only the top ten. Please help.

Hi Teresa,

Looking for a great superfood powder? Check out Mega Nutrition Organic Superfoods. We were introduced to it by Jadah’s grandmother, who first introduced her to green smoothies! We love it because it’s packed with superfoods without any yucky additives or added sugar.

Learn more about it here…

29. Suzanne Sleichter says:

PLEASE CANCEL MY SHAKES. I ASKED YOU TO DO THIS A MONTH AGO. I JUST REFUSED A BOX THAT ARRIVED, NO ROOM IN FREEZER.

Hi Suzanne,

Oh no! We think you may have reached out to the wrong site. We don’t ship shakes, but we do provide yummy green smoothie recipes!

30. Madalina Sasu says:

For me Goji Berries, Avocado and Acai Berrys are the best. I recommend everyone to try them.

31. Jay says:

This list can be the endless…
    By the way you forgot to write that using of flax seeds is very useful for stomach. I often used it for that reason…

Hi Jay,

You’re right. We could go on and on about superfoods. These are just a few of our favorites!

32. Peterroy says:

One of the best antioxidants is the Mangosteen Fruit. Nutrients called Xanthones are most prevalent in the mangosteen These Xanthones strengthen the cell walls, help fight against loose radicals and prevent infections from taking place. This process in turn enhances the immune system of the body and aids the metabolic activity. Xanthones may also help people maintain flexible joints and keep lungs healthy. The same anti-inflammatory benefits also contribute to reducing the problems associated with allergies. With Mangosteen Fruit Powder you get a concentrated amount without all the work of processing fresh fruit yourself and it’s great in smoothies. See royaltropics.com.

Hi Peterroy,

Thank you so much for sharing. We love learning more about our community’s favorite superfoods!

33. Ry says:

These are all awesome superfoods, but how about Maca? I just recently started adding this into my smoothies and it gives a nice little added taste. Plus, it gives a good amount of natural energy. I love it!

Hi Ry,

We love Maca Powder! In addition to the flavor, we love that it’s a natural energy and mood booster. We suggest adding 1/2 tsp to your green smoothie.

34. Mary says:

should my daughter use these super foods while pregnant?

Hi Mary,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re green smoothie lovin’ rawkstars all right, but we’re not doctors or nutritionists. Especially because every pregnancy is different, we suggest your daughter double check with her doctor before adding new ingredients or recipes to her diet.

Do check out our post on pregnancy + green smoothies below…

Cheers to health + happiness!

35. Heather G. says:

Do you Melt the Coconut oil in the microwave before adding it to the blender?

Hi Heather,

YES! The secret to adding coconut oil to your green smoothie without chunks is to melt your coconut oil (not hot), just melted. Then once you’ve blended your entire smoothie, set your blender to its lowest setting and slowly pour in the melted coconut oil. This will ensure the oil fully incorporates into your smoothie.

36. Terri Wickstrom says:

I really like your website. One item you mention is using flaxseeds in your smoothie whole and if you look up information on them, they need to be grounded to get the benefit unlike chia seeds which can be eaten whole. You may know this but it’s not how it comes across in your article. I believe a lot oof people don’t realize this and they are put in foods anyways. They act as an insoluble fiber then and don’t have all the other health benefits as ground do.
    Thanks

Hi Terry,

Thanks for reaching out! You’re right, ground flaxseed will provide your body with more nutrients, as whole flaxseed may pass through your intestine undigested, which means you won’t get all the benefits.

Cheers.

37. Rachel Palm says:

Can you ladies add these superfoods to your recipies for the remaining smoothie challenge this month? It’s hard for beginners to know which ones taste well together, how much, and honestly I’ll just forget if they’re not on the list.

Hi Rachel!

Thanks so much for reaching out. One of our goals for the 30-Day Challenge is to show people that making green smoothies can be super easy and affordable. Consequently, we don’t include super foods in our 30-Day Challenge recipes at this time :). This blog post may help in terms of how much of each superfood to add to your smoothie:

For ones that aren’t listed (like flax seed or acai), I typically go with the 4 tablespoon rule for a 2-serving smoothie. Hope that helps :). Cheers!

38. Terry says:

Where can I buy powder with all those ingredients combined?

39. Chris Martin says:

Nice article…But i have one question. Can we eat spirulina, quinoa, wheatgrass?

40. Lenah says:

Just a quick question. Do the green superfood powders that contain these ingredients as good as seeking them out individually?

Hi Lenah,

Great question! We prefer to fuel our bodies with whole ingredients with as little processing as possible, but superfood powders can be a great option when looking to boost your green smoothie with major vitamins + health benefits. Just keep an eye on the ingredients to ensure the superfood powder you’re reaching for is free of added sugar, gross artificial flavors, or minimal nutrients.

You may be interested in checking out MNOS. It was suggested to us by Jadah’s grandmother who first introduced her to green smoothies…

41. Karolka says:

This is a great, informative article. I am just returning to making smoothies as I forgot how great I feel after them.
    I am wondering if, while using these three staple seeds, I could skip using protein powders? Please advise.
    Thanks for the great information.
    Karolina

Hi Karolka,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so excited to hear you found our post on superfoods helpful. Looking to decide how much protein to add to your green smoothie? When adding chia seeds you’ll be fueling your body with a great protein boost, we suggest adding 4 tbs to any recipe, which is two servings. Curious if you should still add protein powder when using chia seeds? It’s all about knowing your body. If you’re super active, your body may need an additional boost, otherwise you should be good to go! Make sure and listen to what your body is saying.

When adding flaxseeds, you’ll be fueling your body with healthy fats, so adding protein powder is a great option.

Hope this helps!

42. Jackie says:

Hello,

I am trying to jump-start myself back in a green smoothie routine. I noticed in an earlier comment you said it is not good to mix all the powders together to keep them separate.

I was wondering if it is acceptable/healthy to buy a smoothie powder that has all of the super-food ingredients (spirulina, chia seed, etc.) in one that I can just add to my smoothies and get all of the nutrients I need?

And, if so, what is a good organic/all-natural powder that I can buy?

Thank you!!
    Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Great question! When fueling your body, variety is always a great idea! It ensures you’re body is receiving a wide range of nutrients.

There are some great products out there that combine several superfoods for a super simple way to add a major nutrient boost to your green smoothies. If you’re interested in trying a superfood powder, check out MNOS, it was suggested to us by Jadah’s grandmother, who first introduced Jadah to green smoothies…

43. Sacia Ashe says:

What about smoothies to fight off stomach bugs? Also, what are the best breakfast smoothies?

44. Nadine says:

Can coconut oil be added to every smoothie?

Hi Nadine,

Of course! Coconut oil is a rawkin’ source of healthy fats + the perfect addition to your daily green smoothie!

45. Nadine says:

What about old fashioned oats in smoothies, do they have to be cooked first? Can they be added to all smoothies for more fulling smoothies.

Hi Nadine,

You can definitely add oats to your green smoothie! They’re a great source of protein + help keep your blood sugar stable! They’re also great because you can blend them dry, soaked, or cooked! Cooking your oats prior to blending will create the creamiest green smoothie, while dry is the most convenient but you’ll find the most grit. It’s all about finding what works for you!

46. Laurie says:

Great article. I’ve been doing your April 30 day challenge. I am happy to say my cabinets are stocked with 6 of the 10 already. I will be making sure I have all 10 by this weekend. I love your smoothies, I am using the super foods in my smoothies everyday because I am doing meal replacements for breakfast and lunch and have so much more energy and alertness. I don’t wake up tired anymore. Today, I just purchased the 7 day thrive program as I am very interested in the tumeric tonic and of course more awesome smoothie recipes. I have shared your facebook page and website with my friends and family members. Rawk on \m/

Hi Laurie,

YAY! We’re so excited to hear you’re rawkin’ the April 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge and hope you love Thrive as much as we do!! Thanks for blendin’ with us + for sharing the green smoothie love with others!

47. Rebecca Salinas says:

It should be noted to flax seeds should NOT be taken while pregnant, though chia seeds are perfectly safe. Flax has been shown to induce labor.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out + share your concern. As everyone’s body + pregnancy is different, we definitely suggest reaching out to your obgyn prior to adding any new ingredients to your diet!

48. Thomas Doyle says:

I have found the information you provide to be very helpful and it is my hope that you can provide a little more information regarding these Super Foods. Although Super Foods seem to be mentioned everywhere these days, I am unable to locate any definitive explanation as to how much of a particular Super Food I should consume in a given amount of time, or whether it should be consumed with other foods or not, and a serving size, as is located on the package, doesn’t provide any clues. Should Super Foods be rotated like leafy greens to avoid a toxicity issue or are they safe to eat every day? And, if they should be rotated are there family groups that these Super Foods belong in? How do we navigate through these Super Foods to use them properly and get the most benefit from them?

1 2 3
popular recipes

Top 7 green smoothie recipes ever!
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE
DIY FREEZER SMOOTHIE PREP ON A BUDGET

7 DIY NATURAL REMEDIES
get my go-to

Our go-to natural remedies to boost your immune system, crush your next cold and help ease congestion quickly.

IT'S FO'