Take advantage of the antioxidant benefits found in red plant-based foods by making a batch of these tasty, nutrient-dense smoothie cubes.
- 1 cup pitted cherries, sweet or tart
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced (can sub raspberries)
- 1 medium raw or cooked beet, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw cranberries*
- 8 ounces bottle 100% pomegranate juice
- Place ingredients into blender in order listed. Puree until smooth.
- Pour liquid into two standard 16-well ice cube trays. (Each well holds about 2 tablespoons liquid.)
- Freeze until solid. Remove from trays and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to several months.
- To use add 4 cubes to replace 1/2-1 cup of fruit in your favorite smoothie recipe.
*1/2 cup 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
Keywords: beet, beet smoothie, antioxidants, red foods, smoothie booster, berries