It’s pretty hard to top a juicy, garden fresh, still-warm-from-the-sun tomato, but this comes pretty close. Creamy avocado stands in for cheese in our version of the classic Italian Caprese Salad. We don’t think you’ll miss it.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe tomato
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (about 8–10)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, optional
- Olive oil, optional
- Thickly slice the avocado and tomato.
- Arrange on a plate along with the basil leaves.
- Season well with salt and pepper. If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Eat immediately.
Keywords: vegan caprese salad