This Veggie Bowl recipe is super fresh, nutrient-dense and bursting with flavors! The rice can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Recipe yields 1 meal-sized bowl.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into strips
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 2 tablespoons cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- lime, optional
- Make cashew cream
- Cook brown rice as directed on packaging to yield 1 cup when cooked. (you can make more for leftovers too)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then add chopped bell pepper and chopped onion. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers are soft. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the veggie bowl: start with brown rice on the bottom, then layer with cooked veggies, lettuce, guacamole, cashew cream, salsa, and black beans. Don’t be afraid to add more of your favs. Add a fresh squeeze of lime juice before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chipotle veggie bowl, veggie bowl