Adding healthy fats to your smoothies with coconut milk smoothie cubes can help keep you fuller for longer! This recipe is completely plant-based and takes minutes to make.
- 2 cups (300g) raw cashews
- 13.5 ounce (398ml) can full-fat coconut milk, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (237ml) MCT oil (Medium-Chain Triglycerides derived from coconut oil)
- Place raw cashews into a blender. Pulse about 10 times for 1-2 seconds each, or until cashews are finely ground.
- Add coconut milk and MCT oil. Blend again until smooth and creamy. You should have about 4 cups of liquid.
- Fill two, 16-well standard ice cube trays or equivalent molds, with the coconut milk mixture. Each well should hold about 2 tablespoons each. Rap on counter to remove air bubbles. Place in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Remove frozen coconut milk smoothie cubes from the tray and store in an airtight container or bag in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
- To use, add 1 cube per 16 ounce serving in your favorite smoothie recipes. (Our SGS recipes would use 2 cubes.)
- Other nuts or seeds could be substituted for the cashews such as macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, etc. Use 1 3/4 cup seeds to replace 2 cups raw nuts.
- Coconut milk can be substituted with 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus 1 cup water. Blend dried coconut with cashews during first step, then add the water along with the MCT oil.
- For those allergic to coconut, substitute another healthy oil such as flax, avocado, or other nut/seeds oils that can be tolerated. And substitute coconut milk with other non-dairy milk.
- Substitutions will change the nutrition information.
Keywords: coconut milk, MCT oil, coconut oil, cashews, raw cashews, healthy fats