JOIN US

RESET YOUR CRAVINGS WITH OUR LIVE AUTUMN 21-DAY COMMUNITY CLEANSE—STARTS OCT 5

AUTUMN 21-DAY CLEANSE IS OCT 5

Elderberry Immune Boosting Smoothie

This immune boosting smoothie recipe employs the natural power of black elderberries, which have nearly double the anthocyanins as other berries. This special type of flavanoid promotes immune support, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits. Blended with antioxidant rich fruits to support a healthy immune system, this recipe is a winner.

For a few years, my family had no health insurance and I took a proactive approach to health care. We boosted our immune system to help us not get sick in the first place. From green smoothies to plant based meals to natural remedies— we did anything we could to not get sick….and it worked.

Kids have started going back to school (mine included), restaurants are opening and new COVID cases are still making the headlines, it’s vital to build up your body’s natural defense: the immune system.

One of the key immune supporting ingredients I added to our smoothies was elderberry syrup. I’ve partnered with Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup to create a tasty immune boosting smoothie recipe.

Where to buy elderberry syrup

You can find Sambucol Elderberry Syrup at Target, Costco, Amazon, major drug stores and also on the Sambucol website. It’s been flying off the shelves since COVID-19 became a pandemic, which is exciting to see more and more people lean towards the natural remedies world.

Enjoy 15% OFF your Sambucol.com purchase with code SGS15.

Ingredients in an elderberry smoothie

Benefits of black elderberry syrup

Black elderberries are a natural remedy to boost the immune system. I first learned about it from a friend, who’s mom and grandmother used it. It’s a natural remedy passed on generation to generation because it has been shown to work.

This plant-powered elderberry syrup is rich in a particular antioxidant: flavonoids. Flavonoids help prevent damage from free radicals at the cellular level. A particular flavonoid, anthocyanins, is found heavily in black elderberries.

In fact, the United State Department of Agriculture found that black elderberries contain nearly twice the amount of anthocyanins compared with other berries. Some studies suggest that consuming elderberries can help support and maintain a healthy immune system. Elderberries are also a good source of vitamins A, B, and C, which are also important for immune function.

Immune Boosting Smoothie with Sambucol Elderberry Syrup

Elderberry Syrup in an Immune Boosting Smoothie

I’m sure you’ve noticed my favorite ingredient in this immune boosting smoothie is elderberry syrup. Along with the delicious berry flavor, elderberry syrup is packed with natural health benefits.

It’s important to note that black elderberry syrup is a dietary supplement. It isn’t intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Yet elderberry syrup is a natural remedy that my family has experienced the benefits of and I’m excited to share it with you today.

You can make your own DIY Elderberry Syrup Recipe, yet it takes more time and money. It’s just so convenient to keep Sambucol Elderberry Syrup on hand. Whatever way you go, you can use either syrup interchangeably in this immune boosting smoothie recipe.

Adding elderberry syrup to a smoothie recipe

How to make an Immune Boosting Smoothie

I came up with this unique recipe of fruits and other plants chosen specifically for their immune-supporting properties. I also wanted it to be something that my kids would happily drink. This smoothie does all that with a few fun ingredients.

If you’ve never had a smoothie with dragon fruit, it’s very similar to kiwi both in texture and flavor. A lot of grocery stores now carry frozen puree or cubed dragon fruit. You can use fresh or frozen in this immune boosting smoothie recipe.

Also, I included coconut water because I love that added nutrients. You can easily swap with water or almond milk in this smoothie, if preferred.

Depending on how many you’re making this smoothie for, increase the amount of elderberry syrup accordingly to make sure everyone gets some of it. Plus, the flavor of the elderberries really compliments this smoothie.

For more immune boosting recipes using Elderberry Syrup, check out my Elderberry Smoothie Popsicles and Immune Boosting Smoothie Cubes.

Immune boosting smoothie in a kitchenaid blender
clock clock icon cutlery cutlery icon flag flag icon folder folder icon instagram instagram icon pinterest pinterest icon print print icon squares squares icon

Immune Boosting Smoothie

• Author: Jen Hansard
  • Yield: 1 serving 1x
  • Category: Smoothie
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: American
  • Diet: Vegan

Give your immune system a boost by blending up this vibrant purple powerhouse smoothie that combines Sambucol black elderberry syrup with antioxidant-rich blackberries and pitaya (dragon fruit). Bottoms up!

1. Place all ingredients into a blender.
  2. Puree until smooth.
  3. Serve immediately.

• Other berries can be substituted for the blackberries. We recommend those high in antioxidants such as blueberries, raspberries, or cranberries.

Keywords: immune smoothie, blackberry smoothie, elderberry recipe,

Tags: ,    /   Categories: Recipes, Smoothies

By: Jen Hansard | Updated: 9.2.2020 | COMMENTS: 564

COMMENTS

1. Smita says:

I adore all your recipes and the colorful photos. I work as a speech language pathologist, also in a somewhat high risk range for the virus not only because of my age but also because of underlying health issues. I live by myself with no family near by. To be able to continue to support myself, protect my colleagues and students, continue to be able to work and serve the kids is of prime importance Hence my immune system needs to be in a healthy state.

2. Barbara Alford says:

I am always interested in boosting my families and my immune system in a healthy, natural way. Since everyone loves smoothies at the house I am really looking forward to trying out this recipe. Thank you for sharing!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Come back and let us know what everyone thought after you give this smoothie a try!

3. Billie McBride says:

Our daughter Stephanie Malmstrom has used elderberry concoction in the winter time for years. Her family swears by it. With Covid 19 swarming all around us, perhaps it’s time her mom gets with it. Thank you!

4. Katy Peters says:

Hi! I absolutely love black elderberry syrup I remember when I was younger my mom would have us take it regularly especially when we were sick! It’s something I like to splurge on every once in a while! I’m a CNA as well as a nursing student who is constantly around high risk people. I want to keep my immune system up to protect others and so I can continue caring for patients! Thank you for all you do! Love your recipes!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

The syrup and this smoothie are great ways to keep your immune system strong! So glad you are loving our recipes! 🙂

5. Ashley says:

So needed at my house – 4 sports playing kids – need more be said?

6. Rebecca Fitzgerald says:

As a nurse, I’m doing EVERYTHING I can to stay well and this could certainly be just what the doctor ordered!!! Pardon the pun 🙂

7. Stacey G says:

I LOVE all the green smoothie recipes she sends out, but when I was reading about this one I immediately knew it would smart to try this one out! I have heard all of the immune benefits of elderberry and have been wanting to try it out for a while now, but did not know of ways to do so through food.
    This recipe will help give my immune system a boost and I want to do everything I can right now to stay healthy and ready for anything that comes my way. Having that extra immune support will help create a safety barrier to stop invaders from entering the body or be better equipped for fighting them off. So if I can do that through a SMOOTHIE, how can my day get any better??

8. Rabera K Ondieki says:

My little kiddo is now in daycare and that comes with so many runny noses and coughs. I have to trick him in eating fruits and vegetables. This smoothie is a hit because I know he is getting the protection he needs + a serving of fruits 🙂 . Thanks for the recipe, love it!

9. Cindy Guinn says:

With the current state of the environment, our health is impacted. Every little positive move helps!

10. Lisa Serrer says:

Love elderberry! Hoping to boost my families immune system!!!

11. Mary says:

Love this fun way to incorporate elderberry syrup into your diet. Especially with cold/flu season around the corner.

12. Truscenia says:

I not only want to get better and feel better, but I want to be better. Elderberry will help me with these goals.

Thanks

13. Kristin Franquero says:

Looks delish! Love the tartness of elderberry. Something that’s yummy AND boosts immunity? SOLD!

14. Vanessa Brooks says:

I have a compromised immune system so I loved learning about the elderberry syrup, your email about the smoothie was the first I had heard about this delightful little superfood. I researched it right away and I can’t wait to add this to my regimen and hopefully stay healthy this COVID/FLU season.

15. Greg says:

looks tasty!

16. Mary Buersmeyer says:

I’m hoping to boost my immune system as we head into the cold and flu season! And then there is COVID. Every little bit helps.

17. Sara Krech says:

I have never tried elderberry but started hearing about it last year. I workout daily and eat mostly a healthy plant based diet so I feel great most of the time. However when I get a simple cold it really takes me down. I get a sore throat, body aches, headaches, and really fatigued. I get these colds often in the winter months. I am really hoping that elderberry will give my immune system the boost it needs.

18. Trish Marshall says:

I have been looking for a way to keep my family healthy naturally and this power purple/pink elderberry smoothie is an awesome way to achieve my goal. My oldest daughter had made had asthma and with going back to school we want to keep her healthy as well as her younger brother. We tried this smoothie as a family and everyone was on board with this smoothie!! Still working on green smoothies for my hysb and daughter. Thanks for caring enough to share so we all can become more healthy naturally!!

19. Heather says:

My whole family needs the immune boost of this smoothie, more specifically, the elderberry syrup! I teach pre-k in person, my toddler attends the same daycare where I work, and my husband has a weak immune system. Our son catches all the daycare germs, my husband catches all of HIS germs, and I’m in my own petri dish of a classroom every day. Ugh!

20. Laurie Mundy says:

Love this Elderberry Syrup! My husband and I both use it to support our immune systems. We are both in need of all the help we can get, especially during this Covid 19 pandemic. This syrup has so many GREAT advantages, it’s worth its weight in gold!

21. Ellie says:

This recipe is sooo good! My daughter just started school and usually whenever she heads back, she brings home colds and we all get sick. The family seems to just keep passing it around all fall. So I’m super excited for ways to keep my family healthy, especially with everything else going on. And my kids love it! They ask for this every morning.

22. Mandie says:

Hi, Jen! We have never tried elderberry syrup before, but it sounds like a yummy way to build up our natural defenses, especially with school starting back up. I have three young children and my husband is a pastor of a small church; we want to stay healthy so we can keep doing the work of loving and serving the people in our community, so thank you very much for the recipes and inspiration! 🙂

23. Mary says:

I’m love elderberry first immune function! I’m hoping to boost my immune system ahead of this years flu season!

24. Christine says:

We have used elderberry throughout cold and flu season – gummies and liquid. Would really come in handy right now to help boost my sons immune system while he navigates life at ASU…long study nights, maybe not eating like he should, and being a resident in an apartment complex with every growing Covid19 cases.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Maintaining a strong immune system is definitely important for all the college kids out there!

25. Beatrice Pennetti says:

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 10 years and I’m a pre-Diabetic, and I’m doing everything I could from eating healthy, exercising, and boosting my immune system. My husband has a weak immune system, and I heard about elderberry syrup and would love to try it out especially since I received the immune boosting smoothie recipe last week.

26. Rachelle says:

I love this recipe! And I’m always a fan of boosting my immune system. I have five kids, four boys. With them all going back to school we all need an extra boost right now. Thanks for this, Jen!

27. Rachel says:

Elderberry is delicious! Having a great immune system these days is very helpful. Finding a way to boost it while still tasting great can be a real challenge!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Well you’re in luck because this smoothie helps boost your immune system *and* it’s delicious!!

28. Sarah says:

Boosting my immune system is so important since I not only have a 1 1/2 year old, but I’m also pregnant with baby number two! It’s so important to stay healthy so I can get things done at home!

29. Maurita Newton says:

This is great! I am a special education teacher in a small mtn town in Colorado. We have been in person learning for 3 weeks and sure do want to see the trend going in such a positive manner here!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

This smoothie is a great way to help keep your immune system in top form, especially as you teach in-person classes!

30. Jasmine Stevenson says:

Hi there, I’m trying to boost my immunity because of my 6 year old son. My son was diagnosed with CKD (chronic kidney disease) at age 2. My son received his kidney transplant a year ago. I have to keep my immune system, my younger son and my spouse up. Because our 6 year son’s immune system is immune compromised, because of all the immune medication. Thank you.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Definitely important to make sure the whole family has strong immune systems so you can all support your immune-compromised son. Stay healthy!

31. Theresa Centofante says:

We are doing everything we can to exercise, eat well, and keep our immune systems going strong. With 2 teens, it is so important to keep their bodies healthy with natural ingredients to support their bodies. We set that example for them in so many ways. Thanks for all you do to educate people and set a great example!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Way to be a great example for your kids, Theresa! No better way to teach something than to teach by doing!

32. Shelley Pitzer says:

I was recently diagnosed with MS at the age of 46. I have done a ton of research and changed my entire diet. Anti-inflammatory, and trying to boost my immune system. The drug therapy I am taking is messing with my white blood cell count, so I am trying to be careful and keep my immune system healthy. I had never heard of elderberry syrup! Thanks for posting!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

So glad we could introduce you to such a great immune-booster as elderberry! Def try this smoothie and consider including elderberry in your regimen. It could really help you as you work to keep your immune system as strong as it can be!

33. Angela S. says:

I have had Type 1 Diabetes for 34 years, which has caused a lot of auto-immune issues, adult-onset asthma, and nose polyps. I take care of myself as best as possible, but food is my #1 priority, and green smoothies have been a life saver. Now I’m having to go back to working in the office and would love to try something I’ve never tried before but have heard a lot about.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Love that green smoothies are helping you manage your health issues, Angela. This smoothie would be a great one to have in your arsenal! Stay healthy. 🙂

34. Tosha P says:

I would love to try this recipe! Being pregnant, my immune system can use all the boosting it gets!!

This sounds so tasty!

35. James Kong says:

Haven’t heard about it. Taking a lot of vitamins D/E and with flu season coming up, I’d like to add an extra layer of strength for my immune system. Thanks for sharing.

36. Amy says:

I recently had sinus surgery and it was supposed to help rid me of chronic sinus infections. It sadly has not and now my doctors are looking at ways to boost my immune system so that I no longer get a sinus infection every month, therefore lowering the frequency of my antibiotic use as well. I hope the Elderberry helps with this.

37. Lori says:

I love the taste of Elderberry. I even added it to my Fire Cider last year. In these already uncertain times and with flu season coming soon, even the strongest immune system can use all the help it can get.

38. Alicia Carson says:

I am interested in trying elderberry to boost my immune system and for overall health. Love the info you provide!

39. Janet Domingues says:

The recipe sounds amazing; I am currently looking at different brands of Elderberry Syrup but a bit confused with the quantity of elderberry in different ones. Are there guidelines for daily Elderberry use for general immune protection in terms of mg’s per serving?
    Also loving that coconut water is in the smoothie — not a fan of drinking coconut water straight but I want the benefits!

Thanks SGS for all you offer and do 🙂

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Hey Janet! It’s a great smoothie, beautiful color and so tasty! I imagine you can find the guidelines for daily elderberry use online pretty easily. 🙂

40. Tabitha says:

With a 14 month old and 13 acres to prepare for the upcoming winter season, my husband and I need all the immune boost we can get. Adding Elderberry syrup to the routine could be great!

41. Betty W. says:

I have not tried the immune boosting smoothie yet because I currently do not have all the ingredients on hand, but I was so excited to see your recipe and am looking forward to making it especially during this time of COVID and the upcoming flu season. Our families’ immune systems can only benefit from a boost so I rated your recipe with 5 stars because I like all the ingredients especially the elderberry which I would otherwise not have considered adding to a smoothie. The first elderberry I tried was the Sambucol brand many years ago and I liked it a lot, but there are so many on the market now that I lost track of the Sambucol brand but I am back on track with it so thank you for that as well as the immune boosting smoothie.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

You’re welcome, Betty! I think you and your family are really going to like this smoothie. 🙂

42. Araceli Patino says:

Can dragon fruit be swapped for another fruit in case I don’t find it?

43. Carole Stojetz says:

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Disease when I was 19 and it was treated with radiation. It recurred when I was 21 and I had to go through chemo. When I was 35 I developed a thyroid condition and two years ago had to have it removed. When I was 42 I developed Breast Cancer and had a double mastectomy. After all I have gone through I do not want to die of COVID.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

You are one tough cookie, Carole! Keep supporting your health and immune system and stay strong! Sending lots of good health and wellness vibes your way. 🙂

44. Bonita Bell-Andersen says:

I am doing everything I can to stay healthy as long as I can. PLUS, my daughter has a HUGE elderberry tree in her back yard and we are really interested in learning how to process this bounty! Keep up the good work!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

We have a great article on how to make your own elderberry syrup! You can find it right here: https://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes/elderberry-syrup.

Def make sure you look into the proper way to prepare elderberries before you make the syrup. They are poisonous if consumed raw.

45. Monique Baysinger says:

This is an absolutely fabulous smoothie idea! I love the ingredients and I love to give my immune system a boost so that I can continue teaching and also continue being a blessing to my family (and help them to boost *their* immune systems!) I am the morning smoothie maker for our family, and this one will definitely be on our menu!! Thank you, Jen, for the great idea!! : – )

46. Steven Katz says:

As one of the demographic categories considered “at risk” in the age of Covid-19, any additional help in boosting my immune system is valued. If it’s as easy as putting black elderberry syrup in the green smoothies I make every morning anyhow, that’s a win-win.

47. Jenene Tucker says:

That smoothie looks so tasty! I can’t wait to try it! With 3 young kids, it’s important for us to boost our immune systems, especially as the weather gets colder!

48. Kathy Overstreet says:

I am 5 months post (6 months) of chemo for colon cancer….anything I can do to boost my immune system is very important to me!

I gave the recipe a 5, because I am 100% sure it is a winner…..you created it!! 🙂

49. Nan says:

I have Lyme disease so I try to boost my immune system in every way possible. This would be a great addition. Thanks for what you do!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Very important to keep a strong immune system when you have something like Lyme disease, Nan! So sorry to hear this but it sounds like you are doing all you can to stay healthy!

50. Cindy says:

As if we aren’t compromised enough already, just breathing here in central California is dangerous! Ash rain and orange skies this morning. My son and I love smoothies and the syrup would be a great way to add a boost to his diet in a way he will enjoy.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

So sorry to hear you are near the devastating fires in California, Cindy. Count your blessings that you still have your house! This smoothie is definitely kid approved, I bet your son will love it!

51. Stephanie says:

Smoothies are such a quick, fulfilling meal that can pack a lot of punch! Currently taking elderberry gummies to boost my immune and I would love to add the elderberry syrup to my bag of tricks for my hot green tea. Now that school has started back, I must keep my system up and running as an educator!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Both the gummies and the syrup are great ways to support our immune systems, especially these days!

52. Chloe McDonald says:

I absolutely love all of your recipes and look forward to trying a new one each day. I would love to get some elderberry syrup to try some of the immune boosting recipes especially with the state of the world right now!! My mom and sister would benefit so much from them!

53. Hannah says:

Can’t wait to try the recipe! Need to start elderberry syrup because we just don’t have time to be sick!

54. Sara says:

Ooooh I would love to try this recipe!! I absolutely love all of your other smoothies so I can just imagine how delicious this one would taste! I did some research on Elderberry syrup and it has an extremely high level of antioxidants and greatly supports your immunity!! It also states that it can help to tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart! I am all for that!! This is perfect with COVID and with the Winter season ahead of us!
    Currently, I am on your Fresh Start Autumn 21 days cleanse and I am loving all of your recipes! This would be another recipe that I could add to my weekly routines! 🙂

55. Inessa Nazaruk says:

The cold season is coming up and I want to be prepared and boost my immune system to stay healthy and not catch a cold.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

We love being prepared instead of having to react *after* getting sick. Preventative care is awesome!

56. Milanka Schray says:

I’m trying to keep our family healthy and trying desperately to avoid taking the kiddos to the doctors. Doctor appointments are so costly so I’m now looking at ways to keep our family’s immune system strong and healthy to avoid any additional expenses.

Thank you for all that you do and for your wonderful recipes.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Keeping those immune systems strong is one great way to make sure you’ve got healthy kiddos and avoid extra doctor appointments!

57. Dily P says:

I want to give my immune system a boost because during the pandemic I have slowed down significantly from my usual active and healthy lifestyle and I need a boost to jump start my pre-COVID lifestyle again.

58. Tricey W says:

I want to give my immune system a boost because I need an overall system reset. I am working on living a healthier lifestyle so I can prevent heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. I am working on living my best health life.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

That’s great, Tricey! We are so glad we can help you on your journey towards your best health.

59. John says:

I am an older gentleman with the ailments that go with growing older. My immune needs all the help it can get.

60. Monique Adams says:

Thank you for all the outstanding recipes.

61. Angela Savoie says:

I used to use it and never got back to it. I’ve been seriously considering it again.

62. Olivia says:

I want to give my immune system a boost because I’ve had to continue to work during the pandemic and I want to stay healthy for my family and friends, and make sure that I can continue to work and support myself. I love the smoothie life.

63. Linda Campoli says:

Have loved all the great smoothie recipes and especially those for immune health and anti-inflammatory health. I started this quest in hopes of bringing better health to my husband and I who, like many, have arthritis. Would love to bring the benefits of elderberry into our daily routine as well. We tried the dragonfruit smoothie recipe and loved it so I think this one will be a hit as well! Thanks for all the recipes and the help to keep so many on the path to wellness and a happier life!!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

So glad you and your husband are enjoying the recipes, Linda! The immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory smoothies are some of my faves!

64. Christen says:

Gotta love that preventative care!

65. Teresa says:

I would love to give my immune system a boost because of FOMO! I don’t want to miss out on staying healthy forever! Thanks a bunch, and love your recipes!

66. Kathy Lehmann says:

This sounds really yummy! I’ve been taking elderberry supplements since the pandemic to keep my immune system strong. So far, I’ve stayed healthy! Fingers crossed! Would love to try the elderberry syrup and this smoothie recipe!

67. Cecily says:

I love knowing that I’m putting healthy foods into my body! I also have a son with kidney problems and a husband who could very much use some more immune boost! This would be a great way to do that!!!

• Susan Bricker says:

I would love to incorporate the Elderberry syrup into my daily routine to support my immune system. I’ve been run down and need the extra kick to my health. Thank you for the amazing recipes and products you and your company create Jen!

It sure would, Cecily!

68. Jennifer Blackwell says:

I work in our local school system & go out into our community, so I come into contact with A LOT of people. I need to keep my immune system in top shape, so I can do my job 100%

69. Lori Marquez says:

I’ve been on a health journey and this would definitely be a boost in it. Cancer runs on both sides of my family and with this pandemic I’ve been a lot more conscious of my health.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

I think this pandemic has made so many of us more conscious of our wellbeing and aware of things we can do to help our bodies stay strong and healthy.

70. De says:

I want to do everything I can to help keep my husband and myself from getting sick – sounds like elderberry would be a great addition to our arsenal!

71. Cleopatra says:

I got diagnosed with Kidney failure and high blood pressure at the age of 27 years. You can just imagine being such a young women and having the world right at my feet to be hit with such a low blow and public hospital in SA are not making the process any easier. It’s important to me to have a strong immune system just to reach the age of 50 years. I’m 32 years now and do all I can to keep my immune in good shape.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear this, Cleopatra. Wishing you much health and wellness as you manage your condition. Keep fighting and stay strong!

72. Wanda Ladyman says:

Would love to try this recipe. Need all the help I can get boosting my immune system. It would also be a great help for my grandson who is immune compromised

73. Nicole Farren says:

I will be shopping to get the ingredients needed for this. Tried dragon fruit for the first time last week and it was super sweet and yummy; may have been a bit overripe; reminded me a bit of kiwi.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

We suggest kiwi as a substitute if you don’t have dragon fruit, so when you say it reminded you a bit of kiwi, you were spot on! This is a delicious recipe (as well as being so good for you), come back and let us know what you thought after you give it a try!

74. Fauzia Ngwalima says:

I need immune boost to protect my mom, kids, husband, sibling, everyone surround me and I. I will spread the word of “the important how to take care our immune system in our body, especially in this time of pandemic.”

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Fauzia, you’re right- it’s so important to take care of ourselves and our immune systems. Especially now!

75. Terra Wolski says:

I tried some homemade elderberry syrup last year – and sad that I ran out too quickly! It’s delicious and sooo good for you! Especially in these Covid times – it’s important to keep immunity up!! I need all the help I can get! Thank you!

76. Ryan Maxwell says:

What a vibrant and beautiful smoothie. I would love to try that. My family has used elderberry for many years now. My two children 10 and 3 have to go to school each day since I am an essential worker and I am always trying to boost their immune system to arm them with a bit of health before we go on our way each day. Thanks for the recipe.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Glad this recipe can help you make sure you and your kids have strong immune systems as you tackle each day!

77. Michelle Griffin says:

I would like to give my immune system a boost so I can stay healthy for my family … I’m support person of the year!

78. Stephanie Jones says:

I would like to give my immune system a boost because I am nursing a newborn, being a teacher to a 16, 10 and 8 year old all while working from home support our troops and catering part time. Elderberry has been a key nutrient in assisting my family stay healthy all year! Let’s keep the good times rolling!

79. Michelle Griffin says:

I love your recipes and would love to try this immune boosting one as well!

80. Ben says:

Thanks for the great recipes! I work with elderly dementia and Alzheimer’s residents in our memory care communities. We’ve had positive cases and I’m doing whatever I can to ensure I don’t have or spread infections to our wonderful residents.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Thank you for all you do, Ben! This is a great recipe to help strengthen and support your immune system. 🙂

81. Lori H says:

The recipe sounds and looks delicious! I haven’t used this syrup but would like to try it as winter will be here soon and my family needs anything healthy that will strengthen their immune systems.

82. Marina says:

What a gorgeous smoothie! I have 5 kiddos, who I homeschool, so I absolutely positively cannot get sick (who can, though?).

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Sounds like you are keeping very busy, Marina! Def important to stay healthy for the kiddos!

83. Tabitha says:

I believe I could really use an immune boost. I have a few health problems that cause me to catch about anything going around. Plus my future daughter in law has an immune deficiency so she could really use it also!

84. Shelli says:

I would love to try Elderberry syrup, I have a brand new grandbaby and staying healthy to be able to be around her is my top goal! And I just bought some frozen dragon fruit to try in my morning smoothies as well. I love my daily greens!

85. Mary Lipscomb says:

I would love to try the elderberry syrup. My husband works on the frontlines and I am always looking for ways to keep my family healthy!!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Elderberry syrup + this delicious smoothie are great ways to help your family maintain a strong immune system!

86. Desiree Morgan says:

With everything going on I’d love to boost not only my families immunity, but also our extended family, neighbors, and friends who need the help. I am auto immune and my grandparents are in quarantine so they really need to boost their immunity. I am buying all the ingredients I need to make this.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

That’s great, Desiree! Come back to rate it and let us know what you thought after you give it a try. 🙂

87. Kyra says:

Working in healthcare on the front lines during the pandemic is making my own health and immunity a top priority especially coming into cold and flu season on top of everything else. Having something that I can add into my smoothie to help boost my immune system fits perfectly with my busy shift work life.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Shift work can def take a toll on the body! Smoothies are a great way to nourish your body and help take care of it, especially during a hectic work schedule.

88. Pam Holland says:

I really love supporting my immune system with natural and tasty treats. I have a concoction that includes elderberry syrup, echinacea tincture and tincture of oregano. It tastes terrible, but really works when I feel a cold coming on. 🙂 This smoothie seems much more palatable! Thanks for the tip!

89. Caralee says:

Oooooo this looks so good. I dont have elderberry syrup on hand but I’m going try this recipe without it. My poor immune system always needs help cause I have Hashimoto’s.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

So sorry to hear that, Caralee. For sure you can make this without the elderberry syrup if you don’t have any. It still has many great health benefits!

90. Dianna H Ebright says:

Sounds like a great recipe.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

This is a great smoothie that will help you both strengthen and support your immune systems!

91. Belinda Thomas says:

I am diabetic and I need all the extra help I can get to remain healthy! Thank you!

92. Jane Popov says:

Great to boost immune system during pandemic!

93. Sarah says:

Smoothie looks delicious! I would love to try elderberry syrup both for the taste and the health benefits!

94. Tammy Schack says:

What a beautiful-hued smoothie! Can’t wait to try it and serve it knowing my family’s immune systems are boosted in the most delicious way!

95. Suzanne says:

Looking forward to trying this one!!

96. Michelle W says:

My allergies beat me down so trying to get my immune system in check is something I need to work on a bit better. This might help it (elderberry). Thanks!

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

Sorry to hear about your allergies! I think elderberry syrup can definitely help you combat those allergy symptoms.

97. Brittany J. says:

I support 7 schools (elem to high) and now that we’re returning to in-person learning it is all the more important to have a healthy immune system. I have my Rawkstar Tonic in the cupboard and would love to add elderberry to my routine.

98. Tammy Logan says:

I would like to boost the immune system of my 2 children who are away at college this semester. I worry about about them taking care of themselves and we always use elderberry syrup to help with that.

• SGS Rawkstar Jess says:

It’s definitely a great way to help college kids keep their immune systems strong, especially as they head back to campus this fall.

99. April R Eckert says:

I am always looking for more options to boost my families immune system. This was a welcome addition to our arsenal. I think it will be a keeper!

100. T. Richardson says:

I take a Tablespoon of elderberry syrup each morning. Last winter I didn’t have a cold or sore throat, cough, runny nose or any flu like symptom. Elderberry is God’s medicine to keep our immune system healthy.

1 2 3
the latest recipes

These are the go-to books, smoothie swag and guides for making tasty green smoothies and plant-powered meals.

Helpful Wellness Products

Top 7 green smoothie recipes ever!
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE
DIY FREEZER SMOOTHIE PREP ON A BUDGET
THE 21-DAY CLEANSE
autumn flavors

Discover exactly how to eat to lose weight, gain energy + boost your immune system, naturally.

For 21 days, you'll embrace an autumn-inspired  plant-based whole foods diet packed with smoothies, hearty snacks and soul-comforting meals. This is unlike any other cleanse out there— and that's why you get lasting results!

LEARN MORE