Tickly throat? Cough? Congestion? Any time I feel a cold coming on, I start taking shots of my homemade Fire Cider recipe that’ll help a cough and cold naturally and quickly.
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1/2 cup fresh horseradish root (grated)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 10 garlic cloves (crushed or chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dice, peel and chop all ingredients into small pieces and toss into a bowl. (If you’ve never grated fresh horseradish, it can be intense!)
- Mix it all together and scoop into a quart-sized mason jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar on top of all ingredients until completely submerged.
- Cover with an airtight lid. (You can place a piece of parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or use a plastic lid if you have one.)
- Shake well.
- Store in a dark, cool place for a month (like the back of a pantry) and shake every few days.
- After a month, pour contents through a sieve to separate the liquid from the solids.
- Pour the liquid that went through the sieve in a sterilized clean jar in the fridge— this is your Rawkstar Tonic. When you feel the onset of a tickly throat, congestion, cough— take a shot glass full of this a few times a day.
- Calories: 13
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 21
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: natural cold remedy, cough recipe, fire cider recipe