When we were testing the recipes for Thrive: A 7-Day Reset, one of our recipe testers said this was better than any Asian restaurant—a compliment we don’t take lightly. The sauce is absolutely IRRESISTIBLE. It’s full of bright colors and flavors for a satisfying veggie meal. Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below!Print
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced diagonally into ½” pieces)
- ½ cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- Red pepper flakes (for sprinkling)
- OPTIONAL: Sesame seeds (for sprinkling)
- 2 tablespoons canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (such as sambal oelek (or pinch red pepper flakes))
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add the green onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes, then add broccoli, carrots, and red bell pepper. Lower heat, if needed. Cook until vegetables are bright in color, and just barely tender.
- Toss gently to coat the veggies with the sauce. Let simmer to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately on top of the zoodles. Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, if desired.
Note: The sauce and veggies can be made ahead, and the zucchini can be spiralized ahead. But don’t combine with the “zoodles” until right before serving.
Otherwise, the liquid from the zucchini will seep out and make the sauce watery.