This nourishing, simple ginger carrot soup is full of love for the tummy. The ginger and cumin bring warmth to the digestive system, while the garlic and onion gently assist liver detoxification. The carrots bring nutrient-dense deliciousness! Feel free to add extra broth or coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 carrots (washed and chopped into 1/2”)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.