Plant-BaSed GuideBOOK
Metabolism workshop
7-DAY Summer Reset

7 Days. 7 Smoothies.

Simple 7

take control of your health for good with my incredible plant based program

year

It's not too late to...

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

This Holiday Cranberry Smoothie tastes delicious and is also a great way to boost your urinary tract health and gut health too.
Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #smoothie #greensmoothie #vegan

This is a very wintery cranberry smoothie – and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! And enjoying them together is even better.

Cranberries don’t grow everywhere – they like cooler environments such as in parts of Canada, the East Coast of the United States, and the Pacific Northwest. They grow on low-lying bushes in bogs that are flooded during the yearly harvest. While you will only see fresh cranberries in the late fall and early winter, they are available year-round frozen.

Cranberry Health Benefits

Cranberries have long been known to benefit urinary tract health by preventing infections. But that’s not the only cranberries can do!

Cranberries also:

• contain powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals – especially vitamin C, manganese, fiber, vitamin E, copper, vitamin K, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).
  • contain over two dozen phytonutrients, including proanthrocyanidins and anthrocyanins, flavonols, tannins, hydroxybenzoic acids, and more.
  • improve digestion
  • reduce bad cholesterol
  • prevent gum disease
  • boost the immune system
  • are low in sugar and overal calories
  • have anti-inflammatory properties

Benefits of Fresh vs. Frozen Cranberries

Fresh or frozen cranberries both work fine in this recipe. The benefit of using frozen cranberries is that it can help your smoothie be cold. But freezing doesn’t affect the nutrient content of the fruit.

When you buy a bag for Thanksgiving dinner, add a few more to the cart and freeze them to use all year long.

How To Give This Cranberry Smoothie an Extra Boost

Most of our plant-powered smoothie recipes don’t include any extras in them. That allows our community of smoothie drinkers to customize their smoothie to fit their lifestyle.

Feel free to add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder plus some healthy fat to make this a meal replacement.

For a little boost of energy, add 1 teaspoon MCT oil to increase your metabolism.

To add some extra electrolyte action, use coconut water instead of plain water.

Healthy Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #vegan #plantbased #cranberry

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

• Author: Jen
  • Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: Healthy

This is a very wintery smoothie—and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! Feel free to add 1 tsp MCT oil to get an energy boost and increase your metabolism.

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1⁄2 cup cranberries
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 1⁄2 banana

1. Place spinach and water in blender. Puree until smooth.
  2. Add fruit and blend again.

Use at least one frozen fruit to make the smoothie cold or serve over ice.

Keywords: cranberry smoothie, holiday, green smoothie

Comment+

1. zanielle foxcroft

January 2nd, 2019 at 9:34 pm

I have never used cranberries in a smoothie before but this sounds delicious and so good for you! Will definitely give it a go x

2. Janaé

January 2nd, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Wasn’t my fave, but still good! The one thing I love about this challenge is the push to try new things. Thank you SGS! ☺️

3. Sarah Biel

January 2nd, 2019 at 10:14 pm

I usually am not a big cranberry fan unless it’s in a poinsettia mimosa around the holidays, but I may be changing my mind because I really liked this smoothie! Added my probiotic and a tablespoon of hemp seeds for some added protein.

4. Meagan

January 2nd, 2019 at 11:37 pm

I quite liked this recipe. My little guy guzzled his so fast!

5. Kelly

January 3rd, 2019 at 6:32 am

I wasn’t expecting to like the cranberry so much. Delicious!

6. K D

January 3rd, 2019 at 8:20 am

So excited to use some cranberries in the fridge leftover from the holidays. Good balance, we both liked the tartness of the cranberries.

7. Erin

January 3rd, 2019 at 9:09 am

This is a good winter smoothie. I boosted ours with a little, cardamom, cinnamon, and vanilla.

8. Joyce Moy

January 3rd, 2019 at 9:22 am

We haven’t tried cranberries in our smoothies before and this was great! We will definitely make this one again.

9. Jeanine

January 3rd, 2019 at 9:28 am

I have never bought cranberries before much less thrown them in a smoothie! I will definitely be making this one again. it’s just what I need on my first day back to work after the holiday break!!

10. Cecilia Anderson

January 3rd, 2019 at 9:53 am

This looked awful but was so good!

11. Kaytlyn

January 3rd, 2019 at 9:56 am

I’m not sure if I did something wrong the cranberries were really gritty in our smoothies. Did anyone else have this issue?

12. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Hey Kaytlyn,

I would try blending your cranberries first with your liquid before adding in the rest of the ingredient. That way they should blend much better in your smoothie and not leave any bits.

13. Sarah Goudreault

January 3rd, 2019 at 10:05 am

This was delicious! Tried this one today for the first tine and it will definitely be a repeat for the weekend! Loving this challenge so far!!

14. tiffany

January 3rd, 2019 at 10:56 am

Very good. Just the right amount of tang!

15. Marie-Claude Turbide

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:24 am

I replaced the cranneberries with frozen raspberries and it was a succes in the house. Definitely a repeat this week!

16. Marie-Claude Turbide

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:24 am

17. Sandra

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:43 am

I found this smoothie too watery and acidic tasting. I like to use more fruits and protein powder. I think the recipe should say a specific amount of banana since they are all different sizes. I added a whole medium sized banana, 1 tbsp. honey and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries. I will try it again using protein powder.

18. Carolyn M Regan

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:56 am

This Cranberry Smoothie was better than expected however not one I would rush back to. It was very tangy and might have been offset by adding a little more banana for creaminess and replacing the water with almond milk. It needed something to temper it.

19. Julie

January 3rd, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Pucker up your lips! Tart but tasty!

20. Teresa Chambers

January 3rd, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Really enjoyed the flavor! To avoid the bulky pulp I peeled off the skin if each section of the orange.

21. Sandie

January 3rd, 2019 at 3:38 pm

I love this one, so I made it again.

1 2 3 4 5 6
Plant-Based Warrior Bars
Citrus Breeze Vegan Smoothie
Vegan Tacos (Inspired By Austin, TX)
4 Best Detox Herbs for Green Smoothies
Coconut Thai Soup
Lemon Fat Bomb Treats
The Simplest Strawberry Milkshake
Fat Burning Smoothie To Boost Your Metabolism
Best Chia Seed Smoothie to Maximize your Workout
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Beauty Smoothie time: SPA Skin Cleanser
Chocolate Covered Cherry Green Smoothie
Meal Replacement Green Smoothie
Spiced Almond Milk
The BEST Green Smoothie Recipe Ever
favorite posts

Are green smoothies good for you?
HOW TO FUEL YOUR METABOLISM