Written by contributor Felicia Clark of A Simply Raw Life
A mango and pineapple green smoothie bowl just reminds me of sunshine. And sunshine equals southern California right now. The weather has been just perfect the past few days. Here’s an Instagram shot of my evening last night. And actually it’s almost getting too hot here… But who’s complaining? All of my friends know that most mornings I drink a green smoothie, and with this warm perfect weather, I wanted to share with you one of my all time favorite green smoothies – a mango and pineapple green smoothie bowl. I make a version of this smoothie probably about 4-5 times a week and I am definitely not tired of it yet!
Turning your favorite smoothie into a smoothie bowl allows you to change up your smoothie routine. And by adding your favorite toppings you can make it into a fabulous breakfast.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Put into your high speed blender the almond milk and spinach and blend well. Then add in the remaining ingredients and blend well until completely blended smooth.
- It’s so creamy delicious. I love using spinach because it blends so well, you will hardly notice you have 2 cups of spinach in your smoothie.
- Top it off with your favorite toppings such as hemp seeds, raw cacao nibs, granola or your favorite berries.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Join the conversation!
What’s your favorite green smoothie? Give us some more inspiration on some new, fun and healthy recipe combinations!