The cold winter air can be harsh on the skin— leaving it dry and sensitive. You always hear the words “moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!” Yet it's not as simple as it sounds. There are actually two parts to moisturizing your skin:
1. External moisturizer (coconut oil is a favorite around here)
2. Internal moisturizer (staying hydrating, consuming healthy fats and foods high in vitamin E)
The SPA Skin Cleanse green smoothie recipe gives you a lot of bang for your blend. Avocado has a significant portion of healthy fats and vitamin E, while the coconut water is like nature's gatorade, “hydrating and regenerating your tissue.” By gulping natural skin boosting ingredients in this green smoothie and applying external moisturizer, your skin should be glowing in no time.
SPA Skin Cleanser
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 avocado
- Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
- Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
* Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold.