Plant-BaSed GuideBOOK
Metabolism workshop
7-DAY Summer Reset

7 Days. 7 Smoothies.

Simple 7

take control of your health for good with my incredible plant based program

year

It's not too late to...

Spinach Berry Smoothie

Add this Spinach Berry Smoothie to your regular rotation and reap all the health benefits.

Berries are one of my very favorite smoothie additions. They are loaded up with antioxidants, phytonutrients like anthrocyanins, fiber, and are low in sugar.

Why Are Berries So Healthy Anyway?

All berries are packed with antioxidants that help fight inflammation, including huge amounts of vitamin C – way more than you’ll get in an orange.

Berries are very high in fiber, as I already mentioned. It’s important to get adequate fiber each day to keep your digestive system in tip-top shape, which in turn will help the rest of your body function properly as well.

Blood sugar and insulin levels may improve when berries are consumed on a regular basis.

Heart health can also be positively affected by eating berries because they may help lower cholesterol levels.

Is It Healthy To Eat Berries Everyday?

Yes! Eat berries as often as you are able to take advantage of the amazing health benefits. Not to mention they taste delicious.

Here are some other ways to eat berries beyond blending them into a smoothie:

• Top oatmeal, yogurt, toast, pancakes, and waffles with a giant handful of berries to add natural sweetness and beautiful color to your breakfast!
  • Add a serving of berries to a green salad
  • Pair a serving of berries with a serving of nuts for a nutrition-packed snack.
  • Think outside the box: add berries to homemade pizza or sandwiches, make homemade chia seed and berry jam or sauce, make fruit kabobs to go with dinner, etc.

Can Berries Help You Lose Weight?

Berries, especially blueberries, may help the body regulating burning fat and fat storage. This in turn may help reduce cholesterol levels and abdominal fat.

The best advice for weight loss is to eat a variety of healthy foods, mostly plants (Hi, Michael Pollan!), paying attention to your hunger cues, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and move your body in a way that feels good.

Spinach Berry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #smoothie #greensmoothie #vegan

Spinach Berry Smoothie

• Author: Jen
  • Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Drinks, Breakfast
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: Healthy

This smoothie is also known as Berry Blastoff.  If you’re looking for a lower glycemic option, this smoothie is low in sugar and high in fiber, both of which are great for keeping blood sugar levels more stable. Free free to swap the banana with 1/2 avocado if you want to cut the fruit sugars even more.

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup mixed berries
  • 1 banana

1. Place spinach and water in blender. Puree until smooth.
  2. Add fruit and blend again.

Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Keywords: berry smoothie, spinach berry smoothie, green smoothie, berries

Comment+

1. Kristi Peck

December 28th, 2018 at 3:18 pm

this one will most likely make my every week list – l love berries

2. Susan

December 29th, 2018 at 7:21 am

I am sure that I will make this one a lot – Berries are the best!!

3. Jen Hansard

December 31st, 2018 at 10:24 am

Berry smoothies usually have a tart taste that I don’t love… yet this recipe is so creamy, sweet and rich. It’s always a winner in my house and I love that it’s part of the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge.

4. Nikiesha

December 31st, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I make this smoothie a lot. So quick and easy to make

5. Laura McLendon

January 1st, 2019 at 4:35 am

I was gonna say, I will probably skip this one but Jen Hansard addressed my concerns in a comment above so it’s all in for me this week..

6. Nancy A.

January 1st, 2019 at 8:37 am

This combination sounds so yummy! Love berries, fill you up and very healthy!

7. Bethany

January 1st, 2019 at 10:33 am

I LOVE berries! I don’t love bananas, though. I may sub half the banana for some avocado to get that creamy texture!

8. Pat

January 1st, 2019 at 11:10 am

I made the Berry Blast for my “Day 1” Smoothie Challenge. It is yummy, not too sweet, and easy to drink. Might try it with avocado another time.

9. Pat

January 1st, 2019 at 11:12 am

Forgot to leave my rating in my comment. I give this one a 5. I made it with just strawberries and it is not too sweet.

10. Sharron

January 1st, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Yum! This is a delicious smoothie! I love the berry mix paired with the banana! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

11. Rebecca

January 1st, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Simple and delicious! I used a strawberry-blueberry-cherry blend and it was perfect. Sweet and fruity. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t have that beautiful fresh green color … hazards of adding berries to your green smoothie! But the great taste more than makes up for the brownish color.

12. Nannette

January 1st, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Amazing flavor and it feels so good in your body!!

13. Emily

January 1st, 2019 at 2:24 pm

This is going to become a staple smoothie in my house! So delicious.

14. Brandy Bowers

January 1st, 2019 at 5:04 pm

I like to add a little PB2 powder to this one and get some added protein after a run!

15. Whitneu

January 1st, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I’m a sucker for any berry smoothie and this one is delicious!

16. Vanessa Coutu

January 2nd, 2019 at 2:30 am

This is 100% one of my GO-TO smoothies. Chances are, you have ALL the ingredients in your fridge. So there’s never an excuse to not make a smoothie, even when you’re scrounging for groceries! It doesn’t include any specific exotic fruits nor ingredients that “may not be in season”. It’s a good safety-net smoothie, and totally delish. 🙂

17. Emily

January 2nd, 2019 at 8:52 am

I love the berries!! It is refreshing and makes me feel more awake in the morning!!

18. Sheera

January 2nd, 2019 at 10:03 am

Love this combination of greens and berries in this smoothie. Not too sweet just the perfect hint of sweetness. Very tasty!

19. Robin

January 2nd, 2019 at 12:28 pm

This was delicious also. I should probably have swapped the avocado in because my BG is still too high but it was quite delicious!

20. Hilde Ringen Johansen

January 2nd, 2019 at 5:24 pm

This is one of my go tos. Only used half a banana and it made 2.portions.so one for today and one for tomorrow’s smoothie

1 2 3 5
Plant-Based Warrior Bars
Citrus Breeze Vegan Smoothie
Vegan Tacos (Inspired By Austin, TX)
4 Best Detox Herbs for Green Smoothies
Coconut Thai Soup
Lemon Fat Bomb Treats
The Simplest Strawberry Milkshake
Fat Burning Smoothie To Boost Your Metabolism
Best Chia Seed Smoothie to Maximize your Workout
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Beauty Smoothie time: SPA Skin Cleanser
Chocolate Covered Cherry Green Smoothie
Meal Replacement Green Smoothie
Spiced Almond Milk
The BEST Green Smoothie Recipe Ever
favorite posts

Are green smoothies good for you?
HOW TO FUEL YOUR METABOLISM