21-DAY AUTUMN CLEANSE
TOP AUTUMN RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Spinach Berry Smoothie

Add this Spinach Berry Smoothie to your regular rotation and reap all the health benefits.

Berries are one of my very favorite smoothie additions. They are loaded up with antioxidants, phytonutrients like anthrocyanins, fiber, and are low in sugar.

Why Are Berries So Healthy Anyway?

All berries are packed with antioxidants that help fight inflammation, including huge amounts of vitamin C – way more than you’ll get in an orange.

Berries are very high in fiber, as I already mentioned. It’s important to get adequate fiber each day to keep your digestive system in tip-top shape, which in turn will help the rest of your body function properly as well.

Blood sugar and insulin levels may improve when berries are consumed on a regular basis.

Heart health can also be positively affected by eating berries because they may help lower cholesterol levels.

Is It Healthy To Eat Berries Everyday?

Yes! Eat berries as often as you are able to take advantage of the amazing health benefits. Not to mention they taste delicious.

Here are some other ways to eat berries beyond blending them into a smoothie:

• Top oatmeal, yogurt, toast, pancakes, and waffles with a giant handful of berries to add natural sweetness and beautiful color to your breakfast!
  • Add a serving of berries to a green salad
  • Pair a serving of berries with a serving of nuts for a nutrition-packed snack.
  • Think outside the box: add berries to homemade pizza or sandwiches, make homemade chia seed and berry jam or sauce, make fruit kabobs to go with dinner, etc.

Can Berries Help You Lose Weight?

Berries, especially blueberries, may help the body regulating burning fat and fat storage. This in turn may help reduce cholesterol levels and abdominal fat.

The best advice for weight loss is to eat a variety of healthy foods, mostly plants (Hi, Michael Pollan!), paying attention to your hunger cues, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and move your body in a way that feels good.

Spinach Berry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #smoothie #greensmoothie #vegan

Spinach Berry Smoothie

• Author: Jen
  • Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Drinks, Breakfast
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: Healthy

This smoothie is also known as Berry Blastoff.  If you’re looking for a lower glycemic option, this smoothie is low in sugar and high in fiber, both of which are great for keeping blood sugar levels more stable. Free free to swap the banana with 1/2 avocado if you want to cut the fruit sugars even more.

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup mixed berries
  • 1 banana

1. Place spinach and water in blender. Puree until smooth.
  2. Add fruit and blend again.

Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Keywords: berry smoothie, spinach berry smoothie, green smoothie, berries

21-day cleanse

the CHALLENGE

DESSERT guide

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Learn more about a plant-powered diet

7-DAY cleanse

21-day cleanse

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered lifestyle!

7-DAY cleanse

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Shannon

January 4th, 2019 at 9:59 am

Delicious and 9-year-old child approved! I had a cherry berry blend on hand and used that and cut the amount of banana in half.

2. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Hey Shannon,

We absolutely love hearing that our recipes are kid approved!! 🙂

3. Michelle

January 4th, 2019 at 10:31 am

This was really delicious! I love this one – the whole family does. Thank you!

4. Tina

January 4th, 2019 at 10:33 am

Simple, easy and so yummy. I used blueberries, strawberries and a few cranberries.

5. Cathy

January 4th, 2019 at 10:41 am

This is my favorite so far. I’m loving this challenge!

6. Nicole

January 4th, 2019 at 11:00 am

Great start to my day! I used blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. It’ll be fun to try different combinations.

7. Ronna Acevedo

January 4th, 2019 at 11:27 am

I am loving this challenge, the recipes are easy and delicious! I love this smoothie, how can you go wrong with berries?

8. Anne Coltman

January 4th, 2019 at 11:29 am

Well my first thought is that it is so pretty! Not kinda muddy looking…and equally delicious!

9. Maxine

January 4th, 2019 at 11:38 am

All the smoothies was delicious but I like this was the best, looking forward to week 2

10. K D

January 4th, 2019 at 12:13 pm

It was definitely berry-packed, but despite my love of berries, this one wasn’t my favorite so far. Maybe it was all the seeds, or maybe because it was less sweet because I swapped the banana for avocado. Whatever the case, I’m not stopping! 🙂

11. Brittany Gibson

January 4th, 2019 at 12:25 pm

Very tasty smoothie! I used blueberries and strawberries for my berries and thought it had a great flavor with just the right amount of sweetness.

12. Melinda Velasco

January 4th, 2019 at 12:25 pm

I added some protein to this for breakfast. Delish!

13. Steph

January 4th, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Our favourite so far! Everyone is asking for more 🙂

14. Tanya

January 4th, 2019 at 1:19 pm

This smoothie was so delicious! I was so sad when Ineas at the end of it. I wanted more!

15. Cynthia

January 4th, 2019 at 1:38 pm

This is a great smoothie. I had frozen berries and frozen bananas so it was almost like ice cream! Tomorrow I’m going to make Beginners Luck

16. Shawn

January 4th, 2019 at 1:43 pm

This is amazing the best one so far this week! It is just simply, perfectly sweet. I prefer my banana-berry smoothies with water over almond milk so this hit the spot! Thanks!

17. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 4th, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Hey Shawn,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are one of our winners for this week!! Yay!!

Could you email in your full name, address, and contact number to hello@simplegreensmoothies.com

1 2 3 4 5 6

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25