7-DAY RESET IS HERE
TOP WINTER RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

This Tropical Skin Cleanser is one of the most beloved green smoothie recipes from Fresh Start: A 21-Day Plant-Based Cleanse. It’s so simple, and oh so good!

Every morning during my seasonal 21-day whole foods plant-based cleanse, I down a green smoothie filled with leafy greens, fruits, veggies, detoxifying herbs and natural liquids. I pack it full of green goodness and watch the transformation happen.

Translation: glowing gorgeous skin comes from green smoothies!

This smoothie’s designed to naturally detox your body without leaving you feeling deprived… and still taste great!

Cilantro is a powerhouse herb that binds to heavy metals in the body and pulls them out naturally. Initially, your skin can get worse as the detoxing process begins. You may see more acne, yet don’t give up! If drink this daily and follow a plant-based diet, your skin will transform before you eyes.

I love the natural sweetness of the pineapple. It’s also known to help those days where you spent too much time in the sun. It happens to us all and we pay for it always! This smoothie will help repair your skin quicker and reduce the symptoms of a sun burn.

I hope you blend it and love it as much as I do! And I’d appreciate a review below once you’ve made it and experienced the “glow.” Happy blending!

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie from the Fresh Start Cleanse

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

• Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks

Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to body tissues, our skin included. Vitamin C is one of the greatest antioxidants we have available, and it’s abundant in pineapple. The addition of avocado brings with it other skin-specific nutrients such as vitamins E, A and zinc. In fact, you could probably use this smoothie on your face as a beauty treatment! // serves 1

• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
  • 1/4 avocado

1. Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

*Use a frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Wanna try a whole foods, plant-based diet?

If you want whole, healthy meals laid out for you for 21 straight days, AND if you love this Tropical Skin Cleanser green smoothie recipe, then you HAVE to join Fresh Start right now! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Cheyenne

April 30th, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Love love love you gals and your wonderful smoothie recipes, videos, and being so real… thanks for all of caring, your detox for 21 days was so great too!

2. SGS Rawkstar

May 1st, 2015 at 6:50 am

Hi Cheyenne,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We’re so thankful to have you blendin’ with us!

3. Izzy

April 30th, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I know you all are great about saying just to substitute what we like, or leave something out of a recipe if we need to, but I was wondering specifically if you had a recommendation for a good avocado substitute. I am allergic to avocado, but I would still like as many of the nutritional benefits as possible. Thanks!

4. SGS Rawkstar

May 1st, 2015 at 6:50 am

Hi Izzy,

Banana is a great substitution for avocado to achieve that creamy texture! You can also add a healthy fat in place of avocado to receive similar health benefits. Here are a few of our favorites:

Cheers 🙂

5. prathama

May 2nd, 2015 at 3:52 am

Is there any substitute for coconut water. I reside in Baku, it isn’t available here. Thank you

6. SGS Rawkstar

May 2nd, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Hi Prathama,

The key to making Simple Green Smoothies work for you, is finding ingredients that are easily available in your area. Feel free to replace coconut water with one of these great options…

7. Richa

May 3rd, 2015 at 7:32 am

if spinach is not on hand does kale provide the same benefits?

8. SGS Rawkstar

May 4th, 2015 at 7:22 am

Hi Richa,

If you like spinach then you will like kale. They are both known for their wide variety of nutrients, mild taste, and availability in your local markets.

9. Teresa

May 4th, 2015 at 9:04 am

Hi girls!
    I love your site and I’m in love with the green smoothies since last month. I’m very thankful for your job, you girls are just so sweet!
    But I have a problem with my smoothies. I don’t know why but their texture isn’t smooth (like on your photos). There are always this kind of larger pieces that haven’t been blended. The reason could probably be my blender, which is very old, couldn’t it? I just wanted to ask, because I can be doing something wrong. I always blend the liquid and leafs first, as the recipes say. Then I add the rest of ingredients, I blend the whole smoothie for about 3 minutes at maximum speed. And it never looks so smooth e.g. as the “Tropical Skin Cleanser” on the picture above…

10. SGS Rawkstar

May 4th, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Hi Teresa,

If blendin’ your leafy greens + liquid base first isn’t working for you, it might be that your blender is starting to lose it’s strength. Including frozen fruit can help achieve a smoother consistency, and help breakdown any remaining leafy greens. Hope this helps!

11. Teresa

May 6th, 2015 at 5:30 am

I’ve tried adding frozen fruits and it’s so much better. Thank you very much! 🙂

12. SGS Rawkstar

May 6th, 2015 at 7:12 am

That’s great to hear! 🙂

13. Alana

May 21st, 2015 at 8:57 am

I think I’m missing something…is unsweetened coconut water the coconut water w/out flavor? I don’t see anything that says unsweetened

14. SGS Rawkstar

May 22nd, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Hi Alana,

Yes, unsweetened coconut water has no added sweeteners or flavors~ All coconut water will contain some sugar because it’s naturally occurring in the coconut, but we just want to make sure you’re not reaching for anything that has had any additional sugar added to it!

15. Nima

May 23rd, 2015 at 6:51 am

Hi I am new to your smoothie site will I be able to lose my weight if I go on green smoothies for one meal substitute ?

16. SGS Rawkstar

May 25th, 2015 at 8:16 am

Hi Nima,

Everyone is different! Our co-founder Jadah lost 25 lbs in 3 months by replacing one meal with a Simple Green Smoothie!

If you want to burn fat, you want to include plant-based smoothie ingredients that have the following weight loss effects:

-Jump start your digestion
    -Burn excess fat
    -Reduce and expel bad cholesterol
    -Provide energy for your cardiovascular system
    -Detox and hydrate your body
    -Promote healthy bowel movement
    -Decrease your appetite for processed foods and sugars

The Kiwi Berry Punch is a low-calorie, nutrient-dense smoothie recipe that combine the best fruits and veggies for an optimal approach to healthy weight loss.

The best part about a green smoothie–you can use a smoothie as a low-calorie meal replacement because they are full of fiber which keeps your body feeling fuller longer.

17. Cortez

May 23rd, 2015 at 8:57 am

I love you all! I started doing nutritious smoothies just 4 days ago as my breakfast. I usually don’t like solid foods in the morning. I am so grateful that I had already liked your Instagram page months ago. My first smoothie was the TROPICAL MANGO-RITA.I just substituted the spinach for kale–my favorite veggie!! Thanks sooo much!! I’m going to try this one now. I have eczema, and am going to be getting some shea butter, African Black Soap, and then drink this smoothie. I am sooooo excited!!! y’all are uber-motivating me!! Thanks.

18. SGS Rawkstar

May 25th, 2015 at 8:19 am

Hi Cortez,

We’re so excited to have you blendin’ with us! Keep us updated on your skin improvements while enjoying Simple Green Smoothies!

Cheers 🙂

19. Cortez

May 29th, 2015 at 8:32 pm

@SGS Rawkstar Absolutely!!!

20. SGS Rawkstar

June 1st, 2015 at 6:12 am

Cheers 🙂

21. colleen

May 24th, 2015 at 4:06 am

Hi, I was just wondering if you can make green smoothies in advance and store them in the fridge for a day or two or do they lose nutritional value if you don’t drink them straight away?,
    thanks

22. SGS Rawkstar

May 25th, 2015 at 8:22 am

Hi Colleen,

Some people say you have to drink it “right away” to get the optimal nutrients from each blend. But if left in the fridge over-night for one to three days, the taste and satisfaction is still there. You also may add a small amount of lemon juice to preserve and keep the smoothie blend as fresh as possible. Your body is still reaping the benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables even if it is not consumed right away.

23. Paula

May 28th, 2015 at 11:20 am

looks amazing! please visit my blog – just posted a green smoothie recipe 🙂 https://enjoybypaula.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/recipe-tropical-green-smoothie/ 🙂

24. SGS Rawkstar

May 28th, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Hi Paula,

Looks delicious, and your blog looks beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

25. maru

May 29th, 2015 at 11:18 am

hi there just wondering my 17 month old can take little sips of these smoothies? she just won’t eat vegetables and trying to look for other ways so she can have vegetables in her diet

26. SGS Rawkstar

May 29th, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Hi Maru,

Thanks for reaching out! We love sharing our green smoothies with little rawkstars! When your child is that young, we suggest checkin’ with your pediatrician first! If they give you the go ahead, check out our tips for sharing green smoothies with your little ones here…

27. Lori

June 3rd, 2015 at 1:19 am

I’m allergic to coconut, what would you recommend in place of the coconut water? Just plain water?

28. SGS Rawkstar

June 3rd, 2015 at 6:33 am

Hi Lori,

If you’re allergic to coconut, swap in another liquid base you love! Water is a great option! Here are some of our other favorites…

29. Jennifer

June 21st, 2015 at 7:30 am

Im super interested in keeping my skin hydrated and healthy. I am allergic to pineapples, is there another fruit that I could subsitute or another shake to try? Thanks so much!

30. SGS Rawkstar

June 22nd, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Allergic to pineapple, we’ve got you covered! Mango, grapefruit, + mango are all great options! We love to put our best face forward, and that means skin health! Here are a few of our favorite tips for glowing clear skin…

31. Kathleen

June 22nd, 2015 at 4:31 am

My whole family drink green smoothies now. They are called Hulk drinks around here. My son(6) gave them the name. we make it with frozen mango, coconut oil, banana, baby spinach, and apple and water and ice as the base ingredients and add extras sometimes of sorrel, mandarin, pear, lemon juice and parsley.

32. SGS Rawkstar

June 22nd, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Hulk Drinks, WE LOVE IT, and we especially love sharing our green smoothies with Little Rawkstars! Keep blendin’ those leafy greens!

33. Rochelle

July 2nd, 2015 at 9:36 pm

hii I’m new to the green smoothie movement and was wondering whether using packaged frozen fruit is as beneficial as buying regular fruits and cutting them up myself? I’m really amped to get this July challenge going 🙂

34. SGS Rawkstar

July 3rd, 2015 at 5:58 am

Hi Rochelle,

We love using fresh + frozen fruits, both offer a great nutritional tasty boost to any recipe! We suggest adding at least one frozen fruit to ensure your smoothie is creamy + chilled to perfection!

1 2 3 4

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25