Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie | Simple Green Smoothies

Rawk out here too...

JEn's Garden TOUR
Self Care GUIDE
WHY freeze Greens

7 Days. 7 Smoothies.

Simple 7

Hey there! I’m Jen Hansard, mom of two, ultra runner and lover of green smoothies, coffee & tacos. I took my family's health into my own hands while broke and without health insurance...and have helped 1 million+ other families along the way.

PLANT-BASED MEAL PLANS
NEW SMOOTHIE RECIPES
COMMUNITY CLEANSES
WELLNESS MAGAZINE
ADVENTURE RETREATS

SleepY TIME TEA

year

MEAL PLANNER

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

This Tropical Skin Cleanser is one of the most beloved green smoothie recipes from Fresh Start: A 21-Day Plant-Based Cleanse. It’s so simple, and oh so good!

Every morning during my seasonal 21-day whole foods plant-based cleanse, I down a green smoothie filled with leafy greens, fruits, veggies, detoxifying herbs and natural liquids. I pack it full of green goodness and watch the transformation happen.

Translation: glowing gorgeous skin comes from green smoothies!

This smoothie’s designed to naturally detox your body without leaving you feeling deprived… and still taste great!

Cilantro is a powerhouse herb that binds to heavy metals in the body and pulls them out naturally. Initially, your skin can get worse as the detoxing process begins. You may see more acne, yet don’t give up! If drink this daily and follow a plant-based diet, your skin will transform before you eyes.

I love the natural sweetness of the pineapple. It’s also known to help those days where you spent too much time in the sun. It happens to us all and we pay for it always! This smoothie will help repair your skin quicker and reduce the symptoms of a sun burn.

I hope you blend it and love it as much as I do! And I’d appreciate a review below once you’ve made it and experienced the “glow.” Happy blending!

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie from the Fresh Start Cleanse

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

• Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks

Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to body tissues, our skin included. Vitamin C is one of the greatest antioxidants we have available, and it’s abundant in pineapple. The addition of avocado brings with it other skin-specific nutrients such as vitamins E, A and zinc. In fact, you could probably use this smoothie on your face as a beauty treatment! // serves 1

• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
  • 1/4 avocado

1. Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

*Use a frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Wanna try a whole foods, plant-based diet?

If you want whole, healthy meals laid out for you for 21 straight days, AND if you love this Tropical Skin Cleanser green smoothie recipe, then you HAVE to join Fresh Start right now! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!

Comment+

1. Jaz

October 25th, 2015 at 10:26 am

Hi

Can I add Greek yogurt or flavoured yogurt into smoothies?

2. SGS Rawkstar

October 26th, 2015 at 8:19 am

Hi Jaz,

Of course! Adding yogurt is a great way to add protein to any green smoothie recipe! We personally don’t add cows-milk yogurt to our recipes, as dairy is the #1 undiagnosed food allergy and can be pretty tough on your digestion. For that reason, we reach for almond milk or coconut milk yogurt! But it’s all about finding what’s best for you + your body!

Cheers πŸ™‚

3. sarah

November 9th, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Hi. I love this smoothie. Thanks for all the recipes.
    Sarah

4. SGS Rawkstar

November 9th, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Hi Sarah,

YAY! Thank you so much for blendin’ with us! πŸ™‚

5. Sylvia

November 26th, 2015 at 8:58 am

Hi! Can this smoothie be “skin cleanser” even if I use soya yogurt instead of avocado and coconut water? Should I change quantities? thank you

6. SGS Rawkstar

November 30th, 2015 at 8:49 am

Hi Sylvia,

Using yogurt and coconut water in this recipe will create a delicious green smoothie, but we love avocado in this recipe because it’s packed with antioxidant carotenoids for healthy skin, vitamin C + E, and moisturizing monounsaturated fatty acids. Looking to improve your skin health? Check out our post on obtaining glowing skin here…

7. Karen

December 10th, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Hi! I LOVE your story and this site! I am look forward to beginning the 21 day journey. #rawkon

8. SGS Rawkstar

December 10th, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Hi Karen,

YAY! We’re so excited to have you as part of our SGS Tribe!! Keep us updated throughout your Fresh Start 21 journey!!

9. Lara

December 11th, 2015 at 12:09 am

Hi, love this site! Can I use kale instead of spinach in this smoothie?

10. SGS Rawkstar

December 11th, 2015 at 4:54 am

Hi Lara,

Of course! We love switching up our leafy greens. Check out our favorite greens here…

Cheers πŸ™‚

11. Christina

December 12th, 2015 at 11:22 am

Hi

If I don’t have coconut water on hand can I just use water or do part coconut water and part water?
    Thanks

Christina

12. SGS Rawkstar

December 14th, 2015 at 9:52 am

Hi Christina,

We love coconut water in this recipe because it’s super-hydrating + packed with electrolytes. Don’t have coconut water on hand? No worries! Water is a great substitute!

Cheers πŸ™‚

13. Monica

December 26th, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering what can i substitute pineapple with? and it’s my first time cleansing to lose weight .. do i take the same smoothie same day? how many times?

Thanks a lot πŸ™‚

14. SGS Rawkstar

December 27th, 2015 at 7:58 am

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for reaching out! Looking to substitute pineapple? Try orange, grapefruit, or mango. This recipe is part of our cleanse, check out the full cleanse here…

Interested in using your green smoothie for cleansing + weight loss? Try adding herbs to your favorite recipes. Learn more about our favorites detoxing herbs here…

You can also replace up to two meals with a Simple Green Smoothie. Our co-founder Jadah lost over 25lbs in three months by replacing one meal. Check out here story here…

If you’re using your green smoothie as a meal replacement we suggest adding protein + healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal. Learn about our favorite meal replacement combinations here…

Hope this helps! Reach out with any questions!

15. Judith

December 27th, 2015 at 6:52 am

Can I make these smoothies with a slowjuicer also?

16. SGS Rawkstar

December 27th, 2015 at 8:03 am

Hi Judith,

Of course you can! We love blendin’, as you’re fueling your body with the whole fruit with no loss of fiber. Learn more about the difference between blending and juicing here…

17. Vonetta

January 1st, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Just made this to kick off my green juicing for the New Year – used cucumber instead of avocado and added ginger. Yum!

18. SGS Rawkstar

January 1st, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Hi Vonetta,

Yum! We love blendin’ with cucumber! We hope our recipes are a great addition to your 2016!

Cheers πŸ™‚

19. Stance

January 4th, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Listen guys, I have a quick question I’m hoping someone on this website can help me with. I’m new to juicing although I’ve been enjoying store bought smoothies for years! (Tropical Smoothie, Bolthouse Farms and Naked Green Goodness Smoothies) Because of how delicious the Naked Juice Green Goodness smoothies are specifically I was all in on purchasing my own machine.

The recipe’s on this site sound delicious and I just signed up for the 30 Day challenge.

Here’s my issue. I have a Nutribullet Pro and while I’ve only used it a handful of times, I’m having great difficulty getting my concoctions to turn out as thoroughly blended as what’s shown in the pictures. As a matter of fact, there are always little bits of parsley or spinach floating throughout the mixture which I need to chew in order to get down.

Now, I’ve been blasting with water only up to this point and plan on introducing almond milk, but wonder what else I need to do in order to insure that my blended vegetable/fruit mixtures come out as smooth and appetizing as the ones in the pictures.

I’ve tried researching this on the net, but have thus far not come up with anything conclusive.

Any and all help is appreciated.

P.S. I know that I don’t have one of the Vitamix blenders, but, at present, that brand is a bit above my price range.

20. SGS Rawkstar

January 5th, 2016 at 11:01 am

Hi Stance,

Thanks for reaching out, we’ve got you covered! First, you don’t need a pricey blender, you’ve got a green smoothie rawkin’ machine at home! I personally love my NutriBullet and wouldn’t trade it for the world!

Our #1 tip for blending creamy smoothies without leafy pieces is to blend your leafy greens + liquid base first. Once your leafy greens + liquid base resemble a juice consistency add your remaining ingredients. Adding at least one frozen fruit will help too!!

Check out more tips here…

And just a quick FYI for using your NutriBullet. To ensure everything blends perfectly halve our recipes and add a little additional liquid base to create a creamy delicious green smoothie!

Hope these tips help!!

21. Kisha

January 10th, 2016 at 4:27 pm

I have frozen pineapple juice, can I use that instead of the actual fruit? Or does it have to be the fruit?

22. SGS Rawkstar

January 11th, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Hi Kisha,

Great question! We love using whole fruits in place of juice so you’re receiving health benefits from the whole fruit. When juicing you’re missing out on a lot of the fiber we love in our recipes!

23. Breanna

January 11th, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Hi!
    What can I use instead of avocado? I love in Jamaica and avocado is seasonal so it’s not available right now. Can I use coconut oil? What other options can I use to help clear my skin?
    Thanks for your tips!

24. SGS Rawkstar

January 11th, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Hi Breanna,

We love using avocado because it’s packed with healthy fats! Coconut oil is a great substitute! Learn more about our favorite healthy fat sources here…

25. Isabel

January 12th, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Hi! Does the pineapple have to be frozen or can I use pineapple fresh from the store?

26. SGS Rawkstar

January 13th, 2016 at 4:44 am

Hi Isabel,

We suggest using at least one frozen fruit in each of our recipes to make your smoothie cold + creamy!

Cheers πŸ™‚

27. Shelley

January 18th, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Hello, I have just found your site, and also signed up for the 30 day challenge. I am hoping to start this week after making a trip to Sam’s on Wed. I have 2 questions, all your recipes make enough for 2 servings. Do you not recommend halving the recipe to make just 1 serving, or does it matter? Also, I was reading about your 21 day cleanse but it states it is not available right now. Is that a book that I need to order that is just out of stock or how does that work? Thanks so much!

28. SGS Rawkstar

January 18th, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so excited to have you join our 30-Day Challenge! You’re right all of our recipes make 2 servings, because we love sharing the green smoothie love with others. Know you only want one serving? Simply halve our recipes!

We’re so excited to hear you’re interested in our Fresh Start 21 Day Cleanse. We’re currently revamping our cleanse to ensure we’re providing our community with the best resource possible! We’ll be relaunching our cleanse at the end of January, we hope you will join us!

Want to be the first to know when our cleanse is available? Make sure and sign up here…

Cheers πŸ™‚

29. Shelley

January 18th, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info and such a timely response.

30. SGS Rawkstar

January 19th, 2016 at 4:47 am

You’re so welcome, Shelley! Reach out with any questions! πŸ™‚

31. Natalie

January 26th, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Hi please can you help me I have been cutting my fruit up & freezing it but then when I take it out of the fridge some of it has turned bad, what is the best way to make the smoothie as I don’t have time in the mornings to start cutting fruit

Thanks in advance

32. SGS Rawkstar

January 26th, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Hi Natalie,

Oh no! We hate hearing that your fruit is turning bad in the freezer. How are you freezing your fruit? We suggest slicing up your fruit, and then placing on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, store in an airtight freezer-safe container or prep your smoothies! Some fruit will experience browning like banana, apple + avocado. But don’t worry the taste + health benefits are still there!

Learn more about prepping your green smoothies here…

33. Heather Sell

February 9th, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I have leftover guacamole (it’s a little spicy but not too spicy). What would you recommend adding to a smoothie if substituting guacamole for plain avocado?

34. SGS Rawkstar

February 9th, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hi Heather,

Yum! Adding a little spicy guacamole sounds like a tasty idea. No need to add anything else. If you find your smoothie too spicy, you can always add a little more fruit to help balance the flavors.

35. sheena

February 24th, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Hi
    I purchased the smoothie recipes a while ago and I cant find them on my computer or email. Can you please resend them to me. My email might have been sheena.burton@nutrientrescue.nz
    thanks
    Sheena

36. SGS Rawkstar

February 25th, 2016 at 7:10 am

Hi Sheena,

We want to get those recipes to you right away! Send a quick message to our team at the link below…

37. Bianca

May 6th, 2016 at 8:03 am

Hi,
    I am so excited to start my free 30 day challenge. I was wondering if I can substitute almond butter for peanut butter? I also suffer from constipation and wanted to know if there is anything I should avoid putting in my green smoothies?

38. SGS Rawkstar

May 9th, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Hi Bianca,

We’re so excited to have you blending with us! Of course you can swap in peanut butter! Peanut butter + almond butter occupy similar niches in a healthy diet, and can often substitute for the other in most recipes! We love nut butter made from almonds because it contains more vitamin E and iron than peanut butter, but we love both!

Worried about constipation? The leafy greens + fiber in our recipes are perfect for helping you keep regular! Ensuring that you drink plenty of water with your green smoothie will help too!

39. Kiki

May 7th, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Hi, do you know how many calories/kj this smoothie is per serve? Thanks

40. SGS Rawkstar

May 9th, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Hi Kiki,

We personally don’t count calories, so we don’t include them in our recipes at this time. You’ll find that when you consume more nourishing whole fruits and veggies, you will not only feel full longer, but you’ll also have lessened cravings for high-calorie, nutritionally empty foods. So in the end it balances out. But we know many people would like to have calorie info. Three great resources for tracking calories are Self Nutrition Data, and the phone apps: My Fitness Pal and Lose It.

41. Heather Sell

May 24th, 2016 at 11:44 am

Hi! Coconut water is expensive and I can’t afford it. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Also, while this recipe doesn’t call for it, are there dairy free alternatives to Greek yogurt for the recipes that call for Greek yogurt?

42. SGS Rawkstar

May 24th, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Hi Heather,

We’ve got you covered! Water is the perfect substitute for coconut water, and easy on the wallet. Learn more about our favorite liquid base options here…

And don’t worry, you won’t find dairy in our green smoothie recipes. It’s all about finding what works for you + your body, but for us we prefer to avoid dairy and reach for alternatives like coconut and almond milk.

1 2 3