21-DAY AUTUMN CLEANSE
TOP AUTUMN RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

This Tropical Skin Cleanser is one of the most beloved green smoothie recipes from Fresh Start: A 21-Day Plant-Based Cleanse. It’s so simple, and oh so good!

Every morning during my seasonal 21-day whole foods plant-based cleanse, I down a green smoothie filled with leafy greens, fruits, veggies, detoxifying herbs and natural liquids. I pack it full of green goodness and watch the transformation happen.

Translation: glowing gorgeous skin comes from green smoothies!

This smoothie’s designed to naturally detox your body without leaving you feeling deprived… and still taste great!

Cilantro is a powerhouse herb that binds to heavy metals in the body and pulls them out naturally. Initially, your skin can get worse as the detoxing process begins. You may see more acne, yet don’t give up! If drink this daily and follow a plant-based diet, your skin will transform before you eyes.

I love the natural sweetness of the pineapple. It’s also known to help those days where you spent too much time in the sun. It happens to us all and we pay for it always! This smoothie will help repair your skin quicker and reduce the symptoms of a sun burn.

I hope you blend it and love it as much as I do! And I’d appreciate a review below once you’ve made it and experienced the “glow.” Happy blending!

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie from the Fresh Start Cleanse

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

• Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks

Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to body tissues, our skin included. Vitamin C is one of the greatest antioxidants we have available, and it’s abundant in pineapple. The addition of avocado brings with it other skin-specific nutrients such as vitamins E, A and zinc. In fact, you could probably use this smoothie on your face as a beauty treatment! // serves 1

• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
  • 1/4 avocado

1. Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

*Use a frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Wanna try a whole foods, plant-based diet?

If you want whole, healthy meals laid out for you for 21 straight days, AND if you love this Tropical Skin Cleanser green smoothie recipe, then you HAVE to join Fresh Start right now! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!

21-day cleanse

30-DAY CHALLENGE

DESSERTS

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered diet!

7-DAY cleanse

21-day cleanse

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered diet!

7-DAY cleanse

RATE IT + COMMENT

1. Louann Snowley

July 15th, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Hi,
    I have enjoyed the Beginners Luck Smoothie. I made it, froze half of it, drank the other half. Have you ever put carrots green tops in a smoothie?

Louann

2. SGS Rawkstar

July 15th, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Hi Louann,

We love carrots greens, have you seen our Beginner’s Luck recipe with tops?

Learn more about our love for carrots here…

3. Mona

August 13th, 2015 at 7:19 am

Wonderful smoothie recipes. Everyday morning I am having kale, banana and berries mixed smoothie. I feel very fresh. Can I add raisins or dates to my green smoothie?

4. SGS Rawkstar

August 13th, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Hi Mona,

Looking to add raisins or dates to your green smoothie? Go for it! They’re the perfect way to sweeten up your favorite smoothie recipe!

5. Heather

August 27th, 2015 at 11:23 am

Can I use regular water and substitute coconut water for coconut oil?

6. SGS Rawkstar

August 27th, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Hi Heather,

Great question! Filtered water is a great substitute for coconut water (both are super hydrating and great for your skin), + no need to add coconut oil unless you’re looking to add extra healthy fats to our Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie!

Cheers 🙂

7. Kristina

September 10th, 2015 at 12:32 am

Dear authors, I love this recipe! I added a pear today and I also put tahini butter, rolled oaths and a little bit of chia seeds to make it a meal!

This week I have started to drink two smoothies a day and I feel great – very fresh and energized in difference to when I eat something with more carbs. And it saves me a lot of time to take care of my health, which I need! This is the best win-win!

Thank you for supporting this great site!

8. SGS Rawkstar

September 10th, 2015 at 6:53 am

Hi Kristina,

Rawesome!! We love your additions! Pears add a great sweetness + rolled oats will keep you full + satisfied as they maintain your blood-sugar level + they’re slow to digest (perfect for preventing a hungry tummy).

Cheers to being a total meal replacement rawkstar!!

9. http://goanalyze.info/novayagazeta.ru

May 31st, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I can’t give up on Sweden–some of the best hockey players in the world come from there! Just look at my Detroit Red Wings!!The team has many Swedish players. Stanley Cup anyone!

10. jane

October 6th, 2015 at 5:22 am

are you saying coconut water is more hydrating than tap water?

11. SGS Rawkstar

October 6th, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Hi Jane,

Coconut water is filled with electrolytes and potassium, which are two nutrients your body craves when expending lots of energy. It’s low in calories, fat, and sugar meaning that this is the liquid-base you want when working out to help refuel + rehydrate your body! We call it nature’s gatorade!

12. Jaz

October 25th, 2015 at 10:26 am

Hi

Can I add Greek yogurt or flavoured yogurt into smoothies?

13. SGS Rawkstar

October 26th, 2015 at 8:19 am

Hi Jaz,

Of course! Adding yogurt is a great way to add protein to any green smoothie recipe! We personally don’t add cows-milk yogurt to our recipes, as dairy is the #1 undiagnosed food allergy and can be pretty tough on your digestion. For that reason, we reach for almond milk or coconut milk yogurt! But it’s all about finding what’s best for you + your body!

Cheers 🙂

14. sarah

November 9th, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Hi. I love this smoothie. Thanks for all the recipes.
    Sarah

15. SGS Rawkstar

November 9th, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Hi Sarah,

YAY! Thank you so much for blendin’ with us! 🙂

16. Sylvia

November 26th, 2015 at 8:58 am

Hi! Can this smoothie be “skin cleanser” even if I use soya yogurt instead of avocado and coconut water? Should I change quantities? thank you

17. SGS Rawkstar

November 30th, 2015 at 8:49 am

Hi Sylvia,

Using yogurt and coconut water in this recipe will create a delicious green smoothie, but we love avocado in this recipe because it’s packed with antioxidant carotenoids for healthy skin, vitamin C + E, and moisturizing monounsaturated fatty acids. Looking to improve your skin health? Check out our post on obtaining glowing skin here…

18. Karen

December 10th, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Hi! I LOVE your story and this site! I am look forward to beginning the 21 day journey. #rawkon

19. SGS Rawkstar

December 10th, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Hi Karen,

YAY! We’re so excited to have you as part of our SGS Tribe!! Keep us updated throughout your Fresh Start 21 journey!!

20. Lara

December 11th, 2015 at 12:09 am

Hi, love this site! Can I use kale instead of spinach in this smoothie?

21. SGS Rawkstar

December 11th, 2015 at 4:54 am

Hi Lara,

Of course! We love switching up our leafy greens. Check out our favorite greens here…

Cheers 🙂

22. Christina

December 12th, 2015 at 11:22 am

Hi

If I don’t have coconut water on hand can I just use water or do part coconut water and part water?
    Thanks

Christina

23. SGS Rawkstar

December 14th, 2015 at 9:52 am

Hi Christina,

We love coconut water in this recipe because it’s super-hydrating + packed with electrolytes. Don’t have coconut water on hand? No worries! Water is a great substitute!

Cheers 🙂

24. Monica

December 26th, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering what can i substitute pineapple with? and it’s my first time cleansing to lose weight .. do i take the same smoothie same day? how many times?

Thanks a lot 🙂

25. SGS Rawkstar

December 27th, 2015 at 7:58 am

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for reaching out! Looking to substitute pineapple? Try orange, grapefruit, or mango. This recipe is part of our cleanse, check out the full cleanse here…

Interested in using your green smoothie for cleansing + weight loss? Try adding herbs to your favorite recipes. Learn more about our favorites detoxing herbs here…

You can also replace up to two meals with a Simple Green Smoothie. Our co-founder Jadah lost over 25lbs in three months by replacing one meal. Check out here story here…

If you’re using your green smoothie as a meal replacement we suggest adding protein + healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal. Learn about our favorite meal replacement combinations here…

Hope this helps! Reach out with any questions!

26. Judith

December 27th, 2015 at 6:52 am

Can I make these smoothies with a slowjuicer also?

27. SGS Rawkstar

December 27th, 2015 at 8:03 am

Hi Judith,

Of course you can! We love blendin’, as you’re fueling your body with the whole fruit with no loss of fiber. Learn more about the difference between blending and juicing here…

28. Vonetta

January 1st, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Just made this to kick off my green juicing for the New Year – used cucumber instead of avocado and added ginger. Yum!

29. SGS Rawkstar

January 1st, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Hi Vonetta,

Yum! We love blendin’ with cucumber! We hope our recipes are a great addition to your 2016!

Cheers 🙂

30. Stance

January 4th, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Listen guys, I have a quick question I’m hoping someone on this website can help me with. I’m new to juicing although I’ve been enjoying store bought smoothies for years! (Tropical Smoothie, Bolthouse Farms and Naked Green Goodness Smoothies) Because of how delicious the Naked Juice Green Goodness smoothies are specifically I was all in on purchasing my own machine.

The recipe’s on this site sound delicious and I just signed up for the 30 Day challenge.

Here’s my issue. I have a Nutribullet Pro and while I’ve only used it a handful of times, I’m having great difficulty getting my concoctions to turn out as thoroughly blended as what’s shown in the pictures. As a matter of fact, there are always little bits of parsley or spinach floating throughout the mixture which I need to chew in order to get down.

Now, I’ve been blasting with water only up to this point and plan on introducing almond milk, but wonder what else I need to do in order to insure that my blended vegetable/fruit mixtures come out as smooth and appetizing as the ones in the pictures.

I’ve tried researching this on the net, but have thus far not come up with anything conclusive.

Any and all help is appreciated.

P.S. I know that I don’t have one of the Vitamix blenders, but, at present, that brand is a bit above my price range.

31. SGS Rawkstar

January 5th, 2016 at 11:01 am

Hi Stance,

Thanks for reaching out, we’ve got you covered! First, you don’t need a pricey blender, you’ve got a green smoothie rawkin’ machine at home! I personally love my NutriBullet and wouldn’t trade it for the world!

Our #1 tip for blending creamy smoothies without leafy pieces is to blend your leafy greens + liquid base first. Once your leafy greens + liquid base resemble a juice consistency add your remaining ingredients. Adding at least one frozen fruit will help too!!

Check out more tips here…

And just a quick FYI for using your NutriBullet. To ensure everything blends perfectly halve our recipes and add a little additional liquid base to create a creamy delicious green smoothie!

Hope these tips help!!

1 2 3 4

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25