7-DAY RESET IS HERE
TOP WINTER RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

This Tropical Skin Cleanser is one of the most beloved green smoothie recipes from Fresh Start: A 21-Day Plant-Based Cleanse. It’s so simple, and oh so good!

Every morning during my seasonal 21-day whole foods plant-based cleanse, I down a green smoothie filled with leafy greens, fruits, veggies, detoxifying herbs and natural liquids. I pack it full of green goodness and watch the transformation happen.

Translation: glowing gorgeous skin comes from green smoothies!

This smoothie’s designed to naturally detox your body without leaving you feeling deprived… and still taste great!

Cilantro is a powerhouse herb that binds to heavy metals in the body and pulls them out naturally. Initially, your skin can get worse as the detoxing process begins. You may see more acne, yet don’t give up! If drink this daily and follow a plant-based diet, your skin will transform before you eyes.

I love the natural sweetness of the pineapple. It’s also known to help those days where you spent too much time in the sun. It happens to us all and we pay for it always! This smoothie will help repair your skin quicker and reduce the symptoms of a sun burn.

I hope you blend it and love it as much as I do! And I’d appreciate a review below once you’ve made it and experienced the “glow.” Happy blending!

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie from the Fresh Start Cleanse

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

• Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks

Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to body tissues, our skin included. Vitamin C is one of the greatest antioxidants we have available, and it’s abundant in pineapple. The addition of avocado brings with it other skin-specific nutrients such as vitamins E, A and zinc. In fact, you could probably use this smoothie on your face as a beauty treatment! // serves 1

• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
  • 1/4 avocado

1. Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

*Use a frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Wanna try a whole foods, plant-based diet?

If you want whole, healthy meals laid out for you for 21 straight days, AND if you love this Tropical Skin Cleanser green smoothie recipe, then you HAVE to join Fresh Start right now! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Kisha

January 10th, 2016 at 4:27 pm

I have frozen pineapple juice, can I use that instead of the actual fruit? Or does it have to be the fruit?

2. SGS Rawkstar

January 11th, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Hi Kisha,

Great question! We love using whole fruits in place of juice so you’re receiving health benefits from the whole fruit. When juicing you’re missing out on a lot of the fiber we love in our recipes!

3. Breanna

January 11th, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Hi!
    What can I use instead of avocado? I love in Jamaica and avocado is seasonal so it’s not available right now. Can I use coconut oil? What other options can I use to help clear my skin?
    Thanks for your tips!

4. SGS Rawkstar

January 11th, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Hi Breanna,

We love using avocado because it’s packed with healthy fats! Coconut oil is a great substitute! Learn more about our favorite healthy fat sources here…

5. Isabel

January 12th, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Hi! Does the pineapple have to be frozen or can I use pineapple fresh from the store?

6. SGS Rawkstar

January 13th, 2016 at 4:44 am

Hi Isabel,

We suggest using at least one frozen fruit in each of our recipes to make your smoothie cold + creamy!

Cheers 🙂

7. Shelley

January 18th, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Hello, I have just found your site, and also signed up for the 30 day challenge. I am hoping to start this week after making a trip to Sam’s on Wed. I have 2 questions, all your recipes make enough for 2 servings. Do you not recommend halving the recipe to make just 1 serving, or does it matter? Also, I was reading about your 21 day cleanse but it states it is not available right now. Is that a book that I need to order that is just out of stock or how does that work? Thanks so much!

8. SGS Rawkstar

January 18th, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so excited to have you join our 30-Day Challenge! You’re right all of our recipes make 2 servings, because we love sharing the green smoothie love with others. Know you only want one serving? Simply halve our recipes!

We’re so excited to hear you’re interested in our Fresh Start 21 Day Cleanse. We’re currently revamping our cleanse to ensure we’re providing our community with the best resource possible! We’ll be relaunching our cleanse at the end of January, we hope you will join us!

Want to be the first to know when our cleanse is available? Make sure and sign up here…

Cheers 🙂

9. Shelley

January 18th, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info and such a timely response.

10. SGS Rawkstar

January 19th, 2016 at 4:47 am

You’re so welcome, Shelley! Reach out with any questions! 🙂

11. Natalie

January 26th, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Hi please can you help me I have been cutting my fruit up & freezing it but then when I take it out of the fridge some of it has turned bad, what is the best way to make the smoothie as I don’t have time in the mornings to start cutting fruit

Thanks in advance

12. SGS Rawkstar

January 26th, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Hi Natalie,

Oh no! We hate hearing that your fruit is turning bad in the freezer. How are you freezing your fruit? We suggest slicing up your fruit, and then placing on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, store in an airtight freezer-safe container or prep your smoothies! Some fruit will experience browning like banana, apple + avocado. But don’t worry the taste + health benefits are still there!

Learn more about prepping your green smoothies here…

13. Heather Sell

February 9th, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I have leftover guacamole (it’s a little spicy but not too spicy). What would you recommend adding to a smoothie if substituting guacamole for plain avocado?

14. SGS Rawkstar

February 9th, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hi Heather,

Yum! Adding a little spicy guacamole sounds like a tasty idea. No need to add anything else. If you find your smoothie too spicy, you can always add a little more fruit to help balance the flavors.

15. sheena

February 24th, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Hi
    I purchased the smoothie recipes a while ago and I cant find them on my computer or email. Can you please resend them to me. My email might have been sheena.burton@nutrientrescue.nz
    thanks
    Sheena

16. SGS Rawkstar

February 25th, 2016 at 7:10 am

Hi Sheena,

We want to get those recipes to you right away! Send a quick message to our team at the link below…

17. Bianca

May 6th, 2016 at 8:03 am

Hi,
    I am so excited to start my free 30 day challenge. I was wondering if I can substitute almond butter for peanut butter? I also suffer from constipation and wanted to know if there is anything I should avoid putting in my green smoothies?

18. SGS Rawkstar

May 9th, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Hi Bianca,

We’re so excited to have you blending with us! Of course you can swap in peanut butter! Peanut butter + almond butter occupy similar niches in a healthy diet, and can often substitute for the other in most recipes! We love nut butter made from almonds because it contains more vitamin E and iron than peanut butter, but we love both!

Worried about constipation? The leafy greens + fiber in our recipes are perfect for helping you keep regular! Ensuring that you drink plenty of water with your green smoothie will help too!

19. Kiki

May 7th, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Hi, do you know how many calories/kj this smoothie is per serve? Thanks

20. SGS Rawkstar

May 9th, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Hi Kiki,

We personally don’t count calories, so we don’t include them in our recipes at this time. You’ll find that when you consume more nourishing whole fruits and veggies, you will not only feel full longer, but you’ll also have lessened cravings for high-calorie, nutritionally empty foods. So in the end it balances out. But we know many people would like to have calorie info. Three great resources for tracking calories are Self Nutrition Data, and the phone apps: My Fitness Pal and Lose It.

21. Heather Sell

May 24th, 2016 at 11:44 am

Hi! Coconut water is expensive and I can’t afford it. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Also, while this recipe doesn’t call for it, are there dairy free alternatives to Greek yogurt for the recipes that call for Greek yogurt?

22. SGS Rawkstar

May 24th, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Hi Heather,

We’ve got you covered! Water is the perfect substitute for coconut water, and easy on the wallet. Learn more about our favorite liquid base options here…

And don’t worry, you won’t find dairy in our green smoothie recipes. It’s all about finding what works for you + your body, but for us we prefer to avoid dairy and reach for alternatives like coconut and almond milk.

23. Mary Mustafa

June 23rd, 2016 at 11:00 am

I cannot eat bananas…what is a good replacement for them in these smoothies?

24. SGS Rawkstar

June 24th, 2016 at 7:40 am

Hi Mary!

Thanks so much for reaching out! Feel free to swap out the banana for any fruit that you love :). Avocado is my personal favorite banana swap (it helps keep the creamy texture!), but pineapple, mango, and peaches or nectarines are also great substitutes!

Cheers :).

25. Katie

July 6th, 2016 at 7:21 am

This is my favorite!!! I always feel like I’m vacation when I drink it! 🙂

26. SGS Rawkstar

July 6th, 2016 at 9:21 am

Hi Katie!

Thanks so much for reaching out + for your kind words! We’re so happy to have you as part of our community :). This recipe was definitely inspired by some of our own tropical vacations! Sometimes you just need to feel like you’re on the beach!

Cheers :).

27. Nathalie kay

September 13th, 2016 at 11:52 am

Helloo, anything whats a good replacement for spinach

28. SGS Rawkstar

September 13th, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Hi Nathalie,

We love switching up our leafy greens! One of our favorite substitutes for spinach is kale. They both have a mild flavor but are packed with nutrients!

Learn more about our favorite leafy greens here…

29. Sandy

October 25th, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Can you use pomegrants in smoothies?

30. SGS Rawkstar

October 25th, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Hi Sandy,

Pomegranates are a great addition to your green smoothie! In addition to being high in antioxidants, they are also a good source of potassium, folate, vitamins C and K, and fiber, if the full seed is eaten.

Check out one of our favorite recipes here…

31. Fidel

November 7th, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every day.
    It’s always useful to read articles from other writers and use something from other sites.

32. SGS Rawkstar

November 9th, 2016 at 7:00 am

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for your support and we’re happy we could help you learn more about green smoothies!

1 2 3 4

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25