Sip on a warm green smoothie when the weather turns chilly. This one features spinach, butternut squash, pear, a hint of spice, and creamy cashew milk.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cashew milk (warmed)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked butternut squash (mashed*)
- 1 very large ripe pear (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Blend spinach and water until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
Note: To roast the butternut squash: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment (baking) paper or foil. Cut a medium butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds from each half. Lightly rub the halves with a little oil. Roast cut side down for 20 minutes, turn squash over and roast for 10-20 minutes longer, or until very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife in the thickest part. Let cool slightly before using for this recipe. Store leftovers, wrapped, in the refrigerator.