This is the perfect little treat at the end of a long day. The combination of almond milk + warming digestive spices balances your blood sugar and stabilizes your metabolism, while the extra protein boost from the almond butter helps curb hunger pains.
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan.
- Heat on the stove over medium heat until warm.*
- Pour into a mug.
*Pro tip: After heating the ingredients on the stove, pour the mixture into the blender and run it for about 30 seconds (leave a little hole in the lid for the steam to escape). This makes sure everything is mixed super well, and adds a bit of froth to make you feel like you just got served at your favorite coffee shop!