These delicious, wholesome Plant-Based Warrior Bars will give you the energy get stuff done while nourishing your body with plant-based protein such as good-for-you nuts and seeds. // serves 8
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (+ 6 tbs water)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 2 cups mashed banana (super ripe)
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease or line 8 inch square baking dish with parchment (baking) paper.
- Soak chia seeds in 6 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chia seeds and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice into 8 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: granola bars, warrior bars, plant-based