These healthy Rice Krispie Treats use plant-based whole foods from brown rice to almond butter. Not only will you find more protein and fiber, but the flavor will blow you away.
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- Line a 13 × 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the rice syrup, oil, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the almond butter and cinnamon.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour the almond butter mixture over the cereal and stir until well coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Using oiled hands, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
GLUTEN FREE, NUT FREE (replace almond butter with sunflower butter), VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
Keywords: healthy rice crispy treat