A fun bread the whole family can enjoy (and help make!). I love that this bread contains a whole cup of veggies, and that it’s vegan… though you can’t even tell!
- 1 cup grated zucchini, packed + shredded (squeeze out excess moisture with a paper towel)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or additional whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with a little extra oil.
- Make Flax eggs: Stir 2 Tbs flaxseeds in 5 Tbs water, and let set for 5 minutes.
- Take the grated zucchini and place it in the middle of a clean dish towel or large paper towel. Wrap the zucchini in the towel and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, flax eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, maple syrup, and milk. Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients except zucchini and chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix well until batter has an even consistency.
- Add drained zucchini and chocolate chips to the batter. Fold them in.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bread is golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy zucchini bread, chocolate chip zucchini bread