This home remedy for cough and cold is my go-to! You can make this immunity boosting, body soothing concoction ahead of time and store in the fridge. I usually keep my mixture for about two months or until we use it all up.
- 2 lemons (thoroughly cleaned)
- 2 piece fresh ginger (about the size of your pointer and middle finger)
- Raw honey
- 12 oz mason jar
- Slice lemons and ginger.
- Place the lemon and ginger slices in the mason jar, alternating layers of each.
- Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator. Over time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
- When you are in need of some soothing tea, scoop 2-3 tablespoons into a mug full of hot water—be sure to scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: home remedy
Keywords: cold remedy, cough remedy, diy cold medicine, natural healing