Pulled BBQ jackfruit is a meatless wonder to make all of your Taco Tuesday dreams come true. Jackfruit Tacos only take about a half hour to prepare – perfect for getting dinner on the table in a hurry.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, your favorite kind
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the canned jackfruit. Allow any excess water to drain off the jackfruit or pat dry with a few paper towels. Place on the lined sheet or pan in an even layer. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until warmed through and jackfruit looks a little dry on top.
- Remove from oven and use two forks to shred the jackfruit. If desired, remove any of the hard, tough seed pods. Pour 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce over the shredded jackfruit and toss to coat. If needed, add a little more sauce. Roast for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and darkened. Remove from oven and stir in remaining BBQ sauce, if desired. (This is personal preference.)
- To assemble tacos, place about 1/4 cup of the BBQ jackfruit into each of the warmed tortillas and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
- BBQ jackfruit can be made several days in advance and warmed up before serving. It will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge and can also be frozen. But note that freezing may affect the texture of the jackfruit.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: bbq jackfruit tacos, jackfruit tacos, jackfruit, tacos, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian