These Lemon Fat Bomb treats are great for a great way to curb your appetite inbetween meals. They also help your digestive system and enhance mental clarity thanks to the hearty dose of healthy fats and protein.
The naturally sweetness and tartness satisfies my craving for sugary candy in the afternoon. You can find more recipes like this in my new plant-based book, Simple Green Meals.
I love watching YouTube videos where the babies have their first taste of lemon. It’s so funny to watch their faces! They either love it or hate it. As for me— I LOVE lemon all the time! When I was pregnant with my son, I literally ate lemons like apples. I had to eventually stop because my dentist said I was ruining my teeth enamel. Needless to say, I use lemon on everything…. my water, salad dressings, smoothies… you get the picture! These Lemon Fat Bombs are a great naturally low-carb, high fat + high protein snack.
If you’re interested in adding more plant-based whole foods to your diet, check out my best-selling new book on Amazon, Simple Green Meals.
3 Reasons a Lemon Fat Bomb is A Great Afternoon Snack
- A quick alternative to sour candy and I don’t get the sugar crash that came with the bag of sour gummies!
- One little treat goes a lot way in satisfying the body and tastebuds.
- This fat bomb helps me hang onto my focus thanks to the healthy fats which are incredible for your brain.
- You can make a large batch ahead of time and store in the freezer until your ready to enjoy.
Is your mouth watering yet from this lemon fat bomb recipe? Try one of my favorite low sugar, high fat snacks today!Print
Getting enough healthy fat on a daily basis takes a bit of work, yet the results are worth it. Improved digestion, supple skin, and blazing energy all encourage me to pack in the healthy fats as I get, well, older. These lemon fat bombs, or meltaways, make a great quick afternoon snack. I should warn you—you really have to like lemons to like these tart treats.
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place a baking sheet lined with waxed paper in the freezer OR use silicone ice cube trays.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process the cashews until finely ground.
- Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and pulse a few times.
- Add the coconut oil and salt. Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Drop 1⁄2 tablespoonfuls of the cashew mixture onto cold baking sheet or into silicone trays. Return the pan to the freezer. (Depending on the size of the baking sheet, you may have to make the meltaways in batches.)
- When the drops are solid, peel them from the waxed paper (or pop out of the tray) and store in the freezer in an airtight freezer container.
GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
*Going keto? You can swap out the maple syrup for a dash of stevia.
Like these lemon fat bombs? Then you’ll LOVE my new book!
I just got wind that Simple Green Meals has dropped from $24.99 to $16.37. Don’t miss out on the savings and pre-order now on Amazon! Maybe even order a couple! Once you place your order, make sure to grab your complimentary bonus recipes sneak peak guide and meal planning templates as a special thank you for pre-ordering.