This easy-to-assemble, seasonal salad is perfect when you need lunch on the go! Packed with protein, healthy fat, and antioxidant rich pomegranate seeds, this autumn-inspired salad is sure to keep your body fueled through the afternoon. Feel free to prep the ingredients the night before, and have a tasty + healthy lunch waiting for you in the fridge the next day! // serves 2
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (roasted)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned)
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups kale (cut into ribbons)
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp Herb Vinaigrette ((recipe follows))
For Herb Vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Have two quart size canning jars ready. Before assembling jars, place kale in a bowl or strainer. Gently squeeze or massage the kale to soften it.
- Layer in jars in this order starting from the bottom and working up:
-1 cup butternut squash
-½ cup cooked chickpeas
-½ cup cooked quinoa
-2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
-1 cup kale ribbons
-2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Mix ingredients for vinaigrette together in a small bowl.
- To serve, add the dressing to the jar, close the lid tightly, and gently turn the jar over to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Open and eat.
Can be made 1-3 days in advance. Keep dressing separate until ready to eat.
Keywords: squash kale salad