This is a quick and delicious meal for a busy weeknight. The almond butter sauce is AMAZING and takes this dish to the next level.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced diagonally into ½” pieces)
- ½ cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- Red pepper flakes (for sprinkling)
- OPTIONAL: Sesame seeds (for sprinkling)
- 2 tablespoons canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (such as sambal oelek (or pinch red pepper flakes))
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add the green onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes, then add broccoli, carrots, and red bell pepper. Lower heat, if needed. Cook until vegetables are bright in color, and just barely tender.
- Toss gently to coat the veggies with the sauce. Let simmer to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately on top of the zoodles. Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, if desired.
Note: The sauce and veggies can be made ahead, and the zucchini can be spiralized ahead. But don’t combine with the “zoodles” until right before serving.
Otherwise, the liquid from the zucchini will seep out and make the sauce watery.
Keywords: almond butter zoodles