Hummus has long been one of my favorite dishes, both for meals and snacks. Sometimes I eat carrot sticks JUST so I can have some hummus. And nothing beats homemade hummus… especially this detoxifying recipe from our Fresh Start (spring) cleanse.
Chickpeas are an awesome source of plant-based protein + iron, but we’ve ramped up the nutrient content of this yummy dip even more by including a mix of fresh herbs. Serve with veggies for dipping, or slather some on collard greens or romaine lettuce leaves for a yummy veggie wrap!Print
With this recipe on hand, you’ll never need store-bought hummus again! Along with iron-rich chickpeas, we’ve included loads of fresh, vibrant herbs to add extra vitamins, minerals, and leafy green love to an already beloved dip.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup veggies: cucumber chips, carrots, celery sticks, sliced bell peppers, radishes
- Place chickpeas into a food processor or blender. Pulse to chop the chickpeas. Add the remaining ingredients. Process or blend until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store until ready to serve. Serve with fresh veggies.
Keywords: vegan hummus
Ready for 21 days of delicious, plant-powered meals?
By: Jen Hansard | Updated: 3.20.2017 | COMMENTS: 21