This super delicious, easy dinner can be jazzed up however you like, or eaten as is for a filling dinner. Double the recipe and hello leftovers!
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 6 cups broccoli florets, small
- 1 cup carrots (julienne)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- toppings: sesame seeds, green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the rinsed rice, water, and olive oil in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave covered until ready to serve.
- While rice is cooking, toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast 10 minutes. Add in carrots and roast for an additional 5 minutes. Next, add in 1 cup of walnuts and roast an additional 7-10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Prepare the sauce: in a small bowl, combine tamari and red chili sauce.
- Once the vegetables are done, fluff the rice with a fork and serve 1 cup of rice with veggies, divided evenly. Drizzle sauce on top. Add sesame seeds and green onions.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: rice bowl, rice bowl with broccoli, vegetarian rice bowl