This Slow-Carb Savory Smoothie is high in protein, loaded with veggies, savory flavors, and is incredibly delicious.
- 1 cup spinach (fresh)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (fresh)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (plain, unsweetened)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Place spinach, cilantro, and vegetable broth in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend again. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Can substitute another kind of bean or legume such as lentils for the chickpeas We suggest The Natural Citizen Organic Protein which includes only four ingredients and no yucky preservatives or added sweeteners.
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Low carb smoothie