This calming, warm tea is just the thing to help unwind and relax after a long day. Chamomile tea is steeped directly in the almond milk and lightly sweetened. Add dried lavender buds for an extra calming effect.
- 8 ounces almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 bag chamomile herbal tea
- 1 teaspoon honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon culinary lavender buds or use chamomile lavender tea, optional
- Place the almond milk into a small saucepan.
- Heat the almond milk until very hot, but not boiling.
- Add the chamomile tea and lavender buds, if using.
- Allow to steep 5–6 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and strain out lavender buds, if needed.
- Pour into the teacup or mug.
- Sweeten with the honey or maple syrup.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Drink immediately.
To create more of a frothy latte, pour all contents into a blender and blend before serving.
Keywords: tea, sleep aid, herbal remedy for insomnia, sleep tea