Prevent cold and flu season before it starts by keeping your body going with enough vitamin D3, as well as powerful super antioxidant olive leaf complex, and the age old remedy for cold and flu, black elderberry syrup.
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon black elderberry syrup
32 drops from 05. ounce bottle Vitamin D-3 drops 4000IU (100 mcg per serving)
8 ounce (227 g) bottle Olive Leaf Complex
Water, if needed
- Place all ingredients except for water into blender. Puree until smooth. If needed, add enough water so there are 4 cups puree.
- Pour into two 16-well standard ice cube trays and freeze until firm enough to pop out. Remove the smoothie cubes from the trays and transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container until ready to use.
- To use, add 4 cubes per every 16 ounce smoothie. Substitute 4 cubes for 1/2 cup fruit in smoothie recipe, if desired.
- Other fruit or berries can be substituted for the blackberries and blueberries. Strawberries are very high in vitamin C and would make an excellent substitute.
- See this blog post for DIY Black Elderberry Syrup. Dried elderberries can be found online at stores like Mountain Rose Herbs.
- Serving Size: 4 cubes
Keywords: immune system, cold and flu remedy, elderberry syrup, cold and flu,