Blend up a batch of these cubes to keep on hand for a quick and easy meal replacement smoothie that is full of fiber and protein to keep you fuller, longer and keep your digestive tract humming along.
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shelled hemp hearts
- 8 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 8 soft, medjool dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Big pinch sea salt
- Place 2 cups almond milk and chia seeds in a bowl and stir well. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour chia gel into a blender jar. Add the other ingredients. Puree until smooth. Add a little more liquid, if needed, for easier blending. The mixture will be very thick with a pudding-like texture.
- Transfer the mixture to two standard, 16-well ice cube trays. It’s okay if the mixture overflows the wells a bit, as long as it doesn’t go over the sides of the trays themselves.
- Place trays in freezer and freeze overnight, or until completely solid. Pop the cubes out of the trays and place in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Store in freezer for up to 2 weeks, or a little longer if using a deep freezer.
- To use, add 1 cup liquid and 2 cups your choice of leafy greens to a blender, add 4 protein + fiber cubes. Blend until smooth. If not sweet enough, add part of or one whole ripe banana, or a little maple syrup, to taste.
- Dates can be replaced with pure maple syrup or honey, to taste, if desired. Or use 2 medium bananas as a substitute for the 8 dates.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: fiber smoothie, dietary fiber, smoothie cube