Fall is here! Pumpkin is everywhere so, naturally, we decided to give you another fun seasonal pumpkin smoothie to add to your “to blend” list. You’ll notice that this smoothie isn’t green – and that’s ok! Feel free to add 1-2 cups of spinach if you just can’t bring yourself to blend a smoothie without leafy greens.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy beverage*
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets**
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can add more if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
1. Place pecans, almond milk, and cauliflower florets into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth. Pour into two drink containers, add the remaining chopped pecans on top, and sprinkle a few more dashes of cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Enjoy!
*It’s best to use unsweetened non-dairy milk. If you are using a sweetened version, then cut the amount of maple syrup in half.
**Frozen cauliflower (instead of fresh) has a few benefits when blending smoothies. First, it doesn’t pack the same sulfury odor and taste as its raw or cooked counterparts, making it almost undetectable in smoothie form. Second, using frozen cauliflower helps make this a cold smoothie with a creamy, milkshake-like consistency. You can use fresh cauliflower if you prefer, but try frozen if possible!
Keywords: Pumpkin Smoothie