Frozen cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies to blend up— esp in this Cauliflower smoothie bowl. It makes the smoothie super creamy and you can’t even taste it! Not that I don’t like cauliflower, I just know it can be a scary smoothie ingredient until you give it a try!
- 1 cup (250mL) spinach
- 3/4 cup (186mL) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup (250mL) cauliflower florets
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125mL) diced green apple
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place spinach and almond milk in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add cauliflower, sliced frozen banana, almond butter, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- The mixture will be thicker than a typical smoothie, but if your blender is having trouble, stop and scrape down the sides, and add a little more almond milk, if needed. Feel free to double the recipe to make blending easier too.
- To serve, divide the smoothie between two bowls. Top one with 1/4 cup (125mL) diced green apple and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Eat for breakfast.
- Place the other bowl in the fridge or freezer and top with remaining diced apples and cinnamon when ready to eat lunch.
Keywords: smoothie bowl, cauliflower smoothie, plant-based smoothie