Our tomato-based Veggie Cocktail green smoothie recipe is similar to a Bloody Mary, but instead of vodka, we’ve added kale! Your body will thank you for sipping on this veggie-loaded beverage. Add a dash of hot sauce to kick up the heat.
- 1 cup kale (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 celery rib
- 1 scallion (green onions) (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Blend the kale and tomatoes until smooth.
- Add the celery, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, and salt and blend again.
For an extra zip – add a dash of your favorite hot sauce, or even add 1/2 jalapeño pepper.
Kale can be substituted with any leafy green.
Keywords: vegetable smoothie