Say hello to summer with these Hawaiian-fusion veggie bowls! Roasted vegetables over coconut rice make for a quick and nutrient dense meal that the whole family will love.
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1” chunks
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 14 ounce can light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a 4-quart pan with tight-fitting lid, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly to toast the rice until the grains are opaque.
- Lower heat, as needed, to prevent rice from burning or browning.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer, and cover pan with the lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, then remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven broiler to high. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic. Place the broccoli, onion, and red bell pepper in a bowl.
- Toss with half of the sauce, saving the other half to drizzle on bowl when serving.
- Place the veggies on the prepared baking sheet. Broil for 5-7 minutes, or until they start to brown on the edges and the broccoli is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove from oven.
- Divide the coconut rice between four bowls and top with an equal amount of roasted veggies, 1⁄2 cup each of fresh pineapple, and a sprinkle of green onions. Drizzle with a little of the remaining teriyaki sauce and eat while hot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian-fusion
Keywords: veggie bowls, veggie bowl, teriyaki bowl, veggie bowl recipe