Frozen cauliflower is one of my fav veggies to blend up– especially in this cauliflower smoothie bowl. It makes the smoothie super creamy, and you can’t even taste it! Not that I don’t like cauliflower, I just know it can be a scary smoothie ingredient until you give it a try!
- 1 cup (250mL) spinach
- 3/4 cup (186mL) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup (250mL) cauliflower florets
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125mL) diced green apple
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Blend spinach and almond milk. Puree until smooth.
- Add cauliflower, sliced frozen banana, almond butter, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender if it seems to be getting stuck. The mixture will be thicker than a typical smoothie, but if your blender is having trouble, stop and add a little more almond milk, if needed. Feel free to double the recipe to make blending easier too.
- Serve by pouring blended mixture into a bowl. Top with 1/4 cup (125mL) diced green apple and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
Keywords: thick smoothie bowl, green smoothie bowl, cauliflower smoothie bowl