21-DAY AUTUMN CLEANSE
TOP AUTUMN RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Top 7 Green Smoothie Recipes

We researched the green smoothie recipes our community seeks out the most and the results are in! These top 7 green smoothie recipes have been curated to maximize our workouts, fight inflammation, and boost iron, and also help us find the perfect sweet treat that we can enjoy without the guilt. We want to share these recipes with you as well as answer some common questions you may have. This way you will know that the smoothie you’re sipping is truly helping you live your best life.

Are green smoothies really that good for you?

The short answer is yes! Yet, it depends on what you put in them. There are green smoothie recipes all over the Internet right now, toting a healthy label, however, they can be loaded with processed ingredients that ultimately outweigh the benefits. We like to keep our recipes simple—full of the good stuff—so that we can reap all the benefits. Can I get a kale yeah?!

Did you know that green smoothies are an incredible source of fiber? The American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine has found that the typical American diet is lacking fiber, which can lead to Type II Diabetes and hypertension. Drinking just one green smoothie a day can give our bodies the fiber they need to reduced risk of certain types of cancer and have long lasting heart-health.

What is a green smoothie made of?

We like to follow what we call the 60/40 method: 60% fruits & 40% leafy greens. This balance give us the best of both worlds: a delicious, drinkable smoothie loaded with nutrients. Who wouldn’t want that perfect combo on a daily basis?!

One serving of the perfect green smoothie is:

Every ingredient in our smoothies is intentional yet all result in delicious, drinkable creations that make adding into our daily routine a breeze. The fruit + leafy green combinations are endless and that’s why it is SO easy to add in this healthy habit, no matter where you live.

What does a green smoothie do for your body?

Made the right way, green smoothies can help lower inflammation, fight sickness, aide in weight-loss, boost iron and detox our bodies. Sound too good to be true? It’s not! We love catering our smoothies to what we need that day. Each of these 7 green smoothie recipes provides a healthy and whole food solution to the question of how to live a healthier lifestyle.

Beginner's Luck Green Smoothie

#1 Beginners’ Luck Smoothie

This simple, yet sweet green smoothie is fun, delicious, and the top recipe we give to anyone trying green smoothies for the first time. It will be love at first sip for you and your kids! Click here to fall in love!

Fat-Burning Green Smoothie Recipes  | Top Green Smoothie Recipes

#2 Fat Burning Smoothie

This green smoothie recipe specifically targets your metabolism speed. A faster metabolism leads to burning fat and aiding in weight-loss. Click here to start blending.

Anti Inflammatory Smoothie

#3 Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie

Inflammation doesn’t have to control our lives so why let it? Blend this nutrient-packed smoothie specifically designed to soothe your body. Click here to blend now.

Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie | Top Green Smoothie Recipes

#4 Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Packed with vitamins and minerals, this sweet (and purple!) smoothie is a fan favorite for kids + adults alike. Click here and start a blending party.

#5 Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Smoothie

So many health benefits result from this refreshing smoothie including cleansing the liver + fighting inflammation. Click here to blend up and cleanse.

Iron Rich Green Smoothie Bowl | Top Green Smoothie Recipes

#6 Iron-Rich Smoothie Bowl

Not all smoothies have to be sipped! This iron-rich smoothie bowl is a fun snack which can be loaded with toppings like a parfait and eaten with a spoon. Click here to blend this bowl.

Chocolate Banana Smoothie | Top Green Smoothie Recipes

#7 Banana Chocolate Smoothie

You can blend your milkshake then eat it too with this delicious chocolate treat. The perfect dessert smoothie your family won’t believe has spinach in it. Click here to blend this dessert-like smoothie.

Smoothie Shop with Mason Jars

How do you keep a green smoothie fresh?

We call green smoothies the healthiest fast food, because they are super easy to prep + blend, then drink right away or pack up for a busy day. Green smoothies are the very best if consumed immediately after blending, since fruits and veggies start to oxidize after 15 minutes, yet we know that doesn’t always happen. You can store your smoothie in an air-tight container (glass jars w/ lids are our fav!), and then refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze and thaw when ready to consume. You can even turn any of the green smoothie recipes into a popsicle that you + your kids will love!

Prepping green smoothie recipes ahead also makes blending quicker, and helps keep your fruits and veggies from going bad before you can use them.

Ready to discover green smoothies for yourself? Click here to join our 7-day Green Smoothie Challenge where we make it as simple + affordable as possible to blend a daily smoothie.

Filed in:

21-day cleanse

the CHALLENGE

DESSERT guide

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Learn more about a plant-powered diet

7-DAY cleanse

21-day cleanse

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered diet!

7-DAY cleanse

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Lynnette

October 15th, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Banana and chocolate, I mean who could resist that awesome combo!!

2. Cara

October 15th, 2019 at 4:47 pm

I am most excited about trying #1! I want to get in the smoothie habit, and this super simple recipe might work to get me addicted.

3. Rene

October 15th, 2019 at 5:15 pm

4. Renne

October 15th, 2019 at 5:16 pm

I so need this somehow sitting at a desk all and working at a computer for 8 hours have allowed the weight and bad snack habits creep in. My entire being is in need of a overhaul, better food choices and delicious and healthy smoothies. All the way in!!!! Can’t wait to try every recipe with the chocolate one leading the pack.

5. Renne

October 15th, 2019 at 5:17 pm

I so need this. Somehow sitting at a desk all and working at a computer for 8 hours have allowed the weight and bad snack habits to creep in.

6. Marieca Murphy

October 15th, 2019 at 5:37 pm

My favorite smoothie would be #5 Tropical Turmeric Cleansing Smoothie because I have eczema and anything that can help with decreasing inflammation in my body would be helpful with flare ups!

7. Cristina

October 15th, 2019 at 5:52 pm

I would love to try the anti inflammatory smoothie because I’ve never had such an interesting smoothie with beets, blueberries and coconut oil and I think it really help my health as well as taste delicious or the iron smoothie bowl as I have low iron both sound delicious, thank you. I would love to win the glass jars to keep my smoothies fresh as I make my smoothies the night before and have in the morning on the go to work for my breakfast meal replacement thank you

8. Kristie

October 15th, 2019 at 6:19 pm

They all sound delicious and simple! I’m most excited to try the Tropical Turmeric Cleanse as the weather warms up here in Australia. Thank you for sharing these recipes and ideas.

9. Beth Richardson

October 15th, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Oh I’ve been away on vacation this week with no smoothies and that chocolate banana is going to have to be in my welcome home agenda.

10. Ginger

October 15th, 2019 at 8:00 pm

I’m VERY excited to try the anti-inflammatory smoothie. It looks so great…. I got in a car accident 2+ months ago and still feeling pain and inflammation so I need all the help I can get in that dept.!

11. LInda R

October 15th, 2019 at 9:59 pm

The Tropical Turmeric Cleanse Smoothie sounds YUMMY! I love every ingredient in it, even that black pepper to go with the turmeric powder. From my skin issues and feet/legs symptoms, I may have liver issue, like fatty liver. So this smoothie should be so delicious that I can make it a staple smoothie for my liver health. I truly appreciate you sharing all these yummy vegan green smoothies, and encouraging us who are struggling with making the move, the change, and make the transformation of our health.

12. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

October 18th, 2019 at 9:17 am

Hey Linda,

Thank you so much! You are one of our winners for our fruit lids. Congratulations!!!! Please email hello@simplegreensmoothies.com and send us your information so we can send them your way!!! 🙂

13. Leanne Robinson

October 15th, 2019 at 10:37 pm

Never tried one with turmeric before, so think will give ;o. 5 ago. They all sound yummy thought. Love my smoothies

14. Rachelle

October 16th, 2019 at 12:55 am

Oooh, these look great! I’ve tried several of them already. Beginners Luck, Fat Burning, Tropical Turmeric and Strawberry Banana…But I’m definitely interested in that peanut butter banana as a decadent treat. I’ll be trying that one soon!

15. Inge

October 16th, 2019 at 5:41 am

I love all the smoothies. I cant make up my mind which one, knowing myself I would try all but the one that is critical at this stage is the Fat Burning Smoothie to get the Summer body ready 🙂

16. AmyJ

October 16th, 2019 at 8:23 am

I’ve made several of these (yum!), but have not made the banana chocolate smoothie, so that’ll be next on my list! I’m excited to make it because I think my kids are going to love it, and any opportunity to get more fruits and veggies in their growing bodies should absolutely be taken
    Thank you for all you do, love love love cooking from your books!

17. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

October 18th, 2019 at 9:16 am

Hey Amy,

1 3 4 5 6

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25