Pulled jackfruit cloaked in tangy, spicy buffalo sauce makes for a fantastic pizza topping. Add a few veggies and serve with vegan ranch on the side for a tasty, unique, vegan meal.
- 1 pizza crust (we like our quinoa pizza crust)
- 20 ounce can green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce (ex: Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Cashew Ranch, optional (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease a casserole dish. Set both aside.
- In a bowl, combine jackfruit with buffalo sauce and lemon juice. Transfer to the greased casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the jackfruit and stir so it can absorb more of the sauce.
- To assemble pizza, place the crusts on the lined baking sheet and top with the buffalo jackfruit. Add the onion and bell pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is deeply golden and the vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Top the pizza(s) with sliced avocado, minced parsley, and green onions. Serve with Cashew Ranch Dipping Sauce on the side.
- This pizza is best eaten the day it is baked, but will keep for 1-2 days in the fridge.
- To make Cashew Ranch Dipping Sauce: soak 1/2 cup raw cashews in water for several hours or overnight. Drain and rinse. Place in blender with 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, a pinch of paprika, and a good pinch each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a few tablespoons of water and blend until smooth. Store in fridge until ready to use.
Keywords: buffalo pizza