A fresh, healthy vegan take on a classic ice cream sundae, this Very Berry Banana Split is good for you and tastes delicious! Feel free to add some extra pizzazz by adding a dollop of whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of vegan caramel and/or hot fudge sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 large firm-ripe banana
- 3 small scoops non-dairy ice cream (e.g. coconut milk ice cream, cashew milk ice cream)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cacao nibs, for sprinkling
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Peel and halve the banana lengthwise.
- Place in a shallow serving bowl or sundae dish so the banana halves open like a book.
- Place ice cream scoops down the center of the banana.
- Top with fresh berries. Sprinkle cacao nibs and cinnamon on top. Serve immediately.
- Other fruit can be substituted for the berries.
- For an even more decadent version add a dollop of whipped coconut cream, a drizzle of vegan caramel sauce or hot fudge.
Keywords: healthy dessert, healthy banana split, vegan banana split