Pesto usually contains finely grated parmesan or Romano cheese. But pesto doesn’t really need cheese at all! That’s about the only change needed to make my vegan pesto recipes. Pick from the items below to make your own pesto recipe, or check out my 5 tried and true vegan pesto recipes.
- 2 cups fresh herbs, leafy greens + vegetables: Basil, cilantro, parsley, kale, broccoli, mint
- 2 Tbs plant-based Oil: Olive, avocado, macadamia, hazelnut, walnut oils all work. Wanna go oil free? Just use water.
- 1/2 cup nuts: Pine nuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, pecans, pepitas, pistachio
- 2 tsp seasoning: Garlic, chives, green onions, lemon, lime, olives, salt, pepper, tamari, miso, ginger, sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, jalapeños
- Pick one ingredients from each section above.
- Add to a food processor or blender and pulse.
- Pulse until combined and finely chopped (yet not liquified)
- If having trouble blending, add more oil or water to help blend.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan pesto recipes