When I created this vegan taco recipe, it just felt like it had an Austin flair going on, so I named it after that city. Austin, Texas, is one of my favorite cities, thanks to the great music, the variety of healthy foods available, its natural landscape, and the fact that my awesome aunt and uncle live there.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for serving
For Serving 12 organic corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup simple Cashew Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Avocado slices
- sliced scallions
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cauliflower, sweet potato, and onion on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the chickpeas. Drizzle the BBQ sauce over everything and toss to coat. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- To serve, spoon the BBQ filling into the tortillas and top each with a spoonful of the coleslaw, a sprinkling of cilantro, avocado slices, scallions, tomatoes, and any additional BBQ sauce you’d like. Serve immediately.
GLUTEN FREE, NUT FREE (remove Simple Cashew Coleslaw), VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
Keywords: vegan tacos, plant-based taco recipe