If you’re looking for a delicious recipe that is plant based, look no further. This fun, easy vegan yogurt is great on its own, or turned into a parfait with the fruit compote and granola.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 c. Fruit Compote*
- 1/4 c. Granola, any kind
- Place pre-soaked cashews, coconut cream/milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt into a blender.
- Puree until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down sides as needed. If mixture is too thick, add a little more coconut cream/milk or 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving to chill.
- If desired, add 1/2 cup of fruit compote (recipe below) + 1/4 cup granola to each serving of yogurt.
*To make fruit compote: place 2 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries in a bowl with 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Gently toss. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan yogurt, cashew coconut yogurt