These Vitamin C Smoothie Cubes will help your immune system function properly as well as having other benefits to the integumentary system (or skin) which also helps fight germs and disease.
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and halved
- 1 cup papaya, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup pineapple cubes or tidbits
- 1 mango, peeled, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup orange cauliflower florets (see notes)
- Place ingredient into the blender in the order given.
- Puree until smooth. It should not need any liquid because of the oranges, but if it does, add a little water or orange juice.
- Spoon into two 16-well ice cube trays, about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons per well. Freeze until firm, at least 3-4 hours, or overnight. Transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container. Will keep for several weeks in a normal freezer, or up to six months in a deep freezer.
- To use: add 4 Vitamin C Smoothie Cubes to your favorite smoothie to replace 1/2 cup fruit. Add more or less cubes depending on preference. Makes enough for 8 smoothies.
- Substitute any vitamin C-rich fruit or vegetable, such as strawberries, sweet bell pepper, cauliflower, cantaloupe, kiwi, or others in place of 1+ of the fruits listed above. Nutrition information will change with any substitutions.
- Frozen fruit and cauliflower can be substituted for the fresh fruit.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: smoothie, vitamin c, frozen fruit, immune booster, vitamin c smoothie